Kerry Blue

Guest stewie

ok dotty doo sorry mate i didnt realise they were so good!!! stop talking bollox mate you no your stuff dotty i can tell that but how the f**k can you class these as good dogs??? if there so good why aint they more common????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yeah they are brilliant thats why so many people use them still nowadays FTB

Posted Images

Stewie has some fair points, i dont want to get involved here, but the blues from the past are long gone. however the wheatens and bulls are still doing the job today.

Any serious lurcher/terrierman breeding a litter of lurchers would have opted for the game blood to come from proven lines. all tested animals. these dont exist with the blues today. imagine the wastage if these were to be tested.

The attitude of - if lots of folk don't have it - it's obviously sh*t is just foolish. Popularity does not confer ability or quality.

Look at Mcdonalds - consumed by people EVERYWHERE by the TON - does that make it the best food or the most enjoyable?

atb

Jai.

the attitude of real dog menis see the said cross if they rock your boat get one if theyre curs leave the m and doont waste your money , yet to see a kerry blue work and never heard of many good ones same with wheatons there rare the genuine ones but more chance than the kerrys i think ,

the only kerry cross ive seen is little lurchers dog ,yes been out with him and seen him work ,3/4 bred he is and a good dog for that cross fast enough to catch, i put him on my old bitch a 1/2 bred wheaten greyhound,the bitch is 100% kill kill kill thats all she want to do ,i used him cus i no to a good bitch like mine the dog would proudce better then himself,as every breeding is more the bitch then the dog but that doesnt mean you cant use a good dog ,you all no this so i shouldnt of add to say owt any way,weather the dog is kerry cross i dont no but got to take her word for it ,as he about the same stamp of dog as all 3/4 bred greyhound dogs, weather its bull or wheaten 3/4 breds smooth coated dogs,look very simular, good strong dogs but nice and racey .dotty your pup makes 1/2 as good as her dam mate she be a good un.

5/8GREYHOUND 2/8 WHEATEN 1/8 KERRY .

Edited by chris hickling

Would like to see how the pups come on.

Any pics of Kerry Xs from years ago then?

Crossing longdogs to game terriers for pest control is relatively new practice. If lines of kerry blue terriers existed today, that were well worked and tested, they would feature much more in todays pest controlling lurchers.

Was sitting having a coffee with my Ma tonight at a shopping centre near me .............. And a bloke and 2 women walked over and sat next to us with a young KB bitch ............ I started to talk to them but gave up when the bloke told me that they "make £1000 a pup these, we'll be breeding her as soon as she has a season ............." :censored:

My Ma wasn't overly amused when I asked the bloke why he didn't just get a job like everyone else :laugh:

If they are doing that sort of money, then they're doomed!

This one looked a lot like a tall Lakey but black, and it had a stupid curly tail ............

Note the wheaten colored pups born in pure blue terrier litters. These to breeds nearly the same thing in the beginning where more different strains than breeds. Only bred for Gameness, The Blue terrier club responsible for creating the Irish kennel club. ¾ of the first shows were dominated by the Blues. The Irish Kennel Club was responsible for creating the Irish Trials for gameness teastes mohr. Because in the beginning this was what they mainly thought about. Then the Blue Devil, wanting the breed to become national dog of Ireland.

post-43151-12745186677_thumb.jpg

Note the wheaten colored pups born in pure blue terrier litters. These to breeds nearly the same thing in the beginning where more different strains than breeds. Only bred for Gameness, The Blue terrier club responsible for creating the Irish kennel club. ¾ of the first shows were dominated by the Blues. The Irish Kennel Club was responsible for creating the Irish Trials for gameness teastes mohr. Because in the beginning this was what they mainly thought about. Then the Blue Devil, wanting the breed to become national dog of Ireland.

Its great to see them all looking different, Its shows their work bred , and not bred to type,,