slauki greyhounds

Guest michael.hudson7

had a few over 30yrs never had an easy time with any my thought is if they see it move they will go they are not brain boxes more sight

i also had problem when they missed they would hunt up the field i have also had the problem were you have to go to them after they would not come back with pray.

but like someone said there is good and bad i have seen some good ones about that are spot on also.

i would definately say they are far from thick anybody that lives with one will tell you they aren't thick the three quarterbred i have now that spend's most its time indoors know's what am going to do before i do she let's herself out to go for a piss plus anybody thats seen one keep an hare away from cover will know yhey aren't thick

but they can be persistant in most thing's they do but as pot fillers there great

My mates got one calm as ya like walks down the road off the lead at his heals any cats or ote leaves them but once out in the field he is an all round quality animal. Takes all quarry single handed

both me and my mate sware by them my mats bitch is 5 now and from 10 months she was killing rabbits like a demon she takes them strate out the sit with no messing. soon as she got fitter and more confedent we got her on the long ears as well as bunnys i can onistly say that this bitch is red hot she has had alot of game to her name has had 3/3 more3 than once. any one that thinks they ent no good will put her to any dog no money just fun ,

hi i've a first cross saluki greyhound,

i find them stubborn, hard to train off live stock,

because the bigger things excite them,they are good guard dogs,

i find them easy to train to jump,sit lie,train to lamp, ferret.

but they can go deaf when you call them back,

but they never run off,saluki x's seem clever then other dogs.

i wouldn't have any other cross of lurcher.

30762_126936983987158_100000125722825_330879_6979424_n.jpg

30648_125301557484034_100000125722825_323518_307771_n.jpg

Edited by night_life14

i heard that they are untrainable only any good for large fields and they are thick ,,,,

who ever told you that are full of shit a first x saluki grayhound is a best all round dog your gona get

in my opinion the saluki x is the best all round breed of dog u can put them on any thing and they will run ther heart out on every slip be it rabbit, hare, fox and deer

i heard that they are untrainable only any good for large fields and they are thick ,,,,

my opinion is that you get out of a dog what you put in to it,some dogs are better than others yes,but you can give a bad dog man a well bred dog and the dog wont make shit,pass it on to somebody that knows what there doing and you'll see a differance.thats a fact in my opinion so dont go blameing a breed of dog.

had a few over 30yrs never had an easy time with any my thought is if they see it move they will go they are not brain boxes more sight

i also had problem when they missed they would hunt up the field i have also had the problem were you have to go to them after they would not come back with pray.

but like someone said there is good and bad i have seen some good ones about that are spot on also.

i think you need to look closer to home mate,you've had them over 30years does'nt that tell you something mate.all the dogs you've had over 30 years can't be bad dog maybe it the way you bring them on

my opinion is that you get out of a dog what you put in to it,some dogs are better than others yes,but you can give a bad dog man a well bred dog and the dog wont make shit,pass it on to somebody that knows what there doing and you'll see a differance.thats a fact in my opinion so dont go blameing a breed of dog.

totally agree with ya coursing man :thumbs:

seen a lot of dogs got rid of cause the owner expect to much to soon they expect the dog to just do it first time out or kill 3/3 daytime long ears when the dog only comes out the pen once every 1 or 2 weeks, every dog should it brought on right, some take a bit longer than others but of corse there are some that aint worth a wank, its the same for most things