CZ 452 STYLE .22LR

Hi guys. As a few of you may know, i have just sent off my FAC app and am now deciding on a rifle. I have gone for the above ( synthetic stock due to the fact that most of my rabbit control is done at night when the dew is up and most likely to rain so dont want the wooden stock to swell )

So, going for a brand new one and they seem to be around the £375 - £400 mark, but theres on in the RFD that i work in for £450 ??

Do i buy it or should i go somewhere else?

Another quick question, could you direct me towards a relatively cheep scope ( £200 max)

Thanks

cracking rifles mate and very accurate. i had one when i 1st had my fac but sold it as i used the hmr more.

wish i hadnt now it was a superb rifle. get a trigger kit from rimfire magic now ready to fit when you get the cz.

mine shot the eley subs best. and as for a scope i had the mtc viper on mine. what you should get tho is the mamba it doesnt have the big target turrets on it.

so makes it more compact. the glass is more then goood enough for rimfire ranges also

awesome rifles mate I own one my self this is my set up:

cz 452 style running RWs subsonic ammo - although I will change to Winchester next time I buy, as I’m convinced it has more knock down power.

AGS 3-9 x 40 scope

Harris swivel bi-pod

and a 10 shot mag to come shortly

zero'd at 50 yards shoot out to 75 off sticks comfortably.

HOWEVER - if I was to buy again i would buy second hand, its virtually impossible to shoot the barrel out on these rifles, and as i wanted a fox / deer rifle I should have bought my .22LR second hand and saved the cash for my centrefire. if your planning on going centre fire in the future save your penny's and but your centrefire new. you won’t regret it.

I have 1 my self and they are a very nice and accurate rifle, i use a hawk 3-9x50 and it works really well scope set at 50yrds and is pin point at that and will shoot around 1"to 2" groups on a good day around 100yrds off a by-pod i have killed rabbit at 110 yrds with this rifle freehand so yeh its a fantastic rifle mate, i recommend it to any one getting .22 cz r/f for first rifle.

Edited by mal mason

Hi guys. As a few of you may know, i have just sent off my FAC app and am now deciding on a rifle. I have gone for the above ( synthetic stock due to the fact that most of my rabbit control is done at night when the dew is up and most likely to rain so dont want the wooden stock to swell )

So, going for a brand new one and they seem to be around the £375 - £400 mark, but theres on in the RFD that i work in for £450 ??

Another quick question, could you direct me towards a relatively cheep scope ( £200 max)

Thanks

i can sell you a secondhand one with a 4 to 12 x 50 nikko sterling scope for 225, its the 20 inch barrel one. the stocks marked but hey that dont stop it shooting.

Thanks

Sorry bud, bu the FAC aint come through yet, could be another 3 months :icon_eek:

i can sell you a secondhand one with a 4 to 12 x 50 nikko sterling scope for 225, its the 20 inch barrel one. the stocks marked but hey that dont stop it shooting.

cracking rifles mate and very accurate. i had one when i 1st had my fac but sold it as i used the hmr more.

wish i hadnt now it was a superb rifle. get a trigger kit from rimfire magic now ready to fit when you get the cz.

mine shot the eley subs best. and as for a scope i had the mtc viper on mine. what you should get tho is the mamba it doesnt have the big target turrets on it.

so makes it more compact. the glass is more then goood enough for rimfire ranges also

And you're not having it back niether :boxing: !!

£450 is a rip off so I'd look elsewhere if I were you. As for a scope, £200 is way too much, as already suggested look at Hawke or even a WTC, you don't need super duper glass on a .22 rimmy. I have a Hawke on mine and it works fine under the lamp. Save the cash you save and get a bipod or decent scope mounted lightforce lamp.

if you work for your RFD can you not get the rifle trade dont forget all guns have just had a price rise but £450 does seem dear i would buy S/H just take bolt out have a good look down barrel make sure all is well ,there is an old saying always buy the best you can afford spend the best part of your cash on a scope regardless what any one says there is no substitute for good glass i have a Burris fulfield 11 on my .22 a Leupold VX-3L on my HMR and Schmidt & Bender on the C/F even if you dont shoot at extreme distance with good glass you will be able to see what is at extreme range and then stalk it.

paul

Mate CZ as everyone says cracking rifle, I have the HMR which I think is great value for money

On my 10/22 rim fire I got my scope from JR Ramsbottom on the web,

take a look at this link this is what I have had for the last 3 years and its been a great scope for the money certainly nowhere near £200.00! :thumbs:

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products/riflescopes-jsr-optics/jsr3940px-jsr-3-9x40-px-adj-pro-illuminated-riflescope.html

Good Luck

SEEKER

I have the 16" Silhouette (synthetic stock with blued barrel not nickel). I paid £340 for it at the end of last year but they have gone up a little since then (not £100 though).

Definitely worth looking about second hand as they're pretty bombproof and I'd agree you don't need uber glass on a rimfire. I have a Hawke Endurance 30IR on mine and the red dot is great for lamping but the scope itself is everything I need. Works great in fading light too, where my WTC used to really struggle.

So, is there much difference between the 20" barrel and the 16" ?

16" costs more (I was quoted as much as £70 but paid £20 more in the end), as far as accuracy and range go.. no. They'll both do the job out to 120yards easy enough in good conditions, the 16" is just much easier when you're in and out of a vehicle with it.