Opening day of does

Wouldnt a more skilled shot be useing some field craft and getting closer to the deer with out it spotting you and taking a safe shot ? or is that not the object ? not knocking anyone just a genuine question .

Yep I agree , but the place this doe was shot , it is impossible to get any closer due to the topography of the ground. You have to shoot from above the deer , if you try and get any closer you totally lose them from sight. :D

Wouldnt a more skilled shot be useing some field craft and getting closer to the deer with out it spotting you and taking a safe shot ? or is that not the object ? not knocking anyone just a genuine question .

Yep I agree , but the place this doe was shot , it is impossible to get any closer due to the topography of the ground. You have to shoot from above the deer , if you try and get any closer you totally lose them from sight. :D

tell me about it, a mate of mine has just took on 3000 acres of roe stalking on a local estate, we were sat out early this morning , saw 6 does in just a small block of woodland , couldn,t shoot a bloody thing cos of all the bracken and rodadendrons, even from one of the many high seats , gotta keep trying tho :hmm:

I think if your confident in your abillitys to shoot at a certain distance and know you will connect humanely, then go for it. ;)

Frank.

don,t worry , i can connect , but i aint shooting thru bushes, poor woody was a bit frustrated tho, i think he wanted to make an impression on the does as this place hasnt bin shot properly for 3 years and the guy that had the stalking before him got kicked off for not shooting does , the first year he shot 35 bucks , but hasn,t shot hardly anything in 2 years