tools ???

i've got a russell pup who i want to do a bit of rabbitting with . what kit/tools do you take with you ? i'm thinking a hold all with fold up spade , small bar , locator , maybe some sort of small saw for roots ? , water , ? any replies would be appreciated

ferrets would be a good start scouse :11: id only use your pup for flushing stuff out of cover a bit of marking but you dont want it disapearing down rabbit holes :no: .

do away with the fold up spade get a proper one.

thanks mate. i agree i dont want it disappearing thats why the kit . fold up spade is so it fits in holdall as i'm not meant to be where i wiil be !!! ferret would be a great addition i know .

hi scouse i have a little jill you can have if it would help you. good luck with your pup mate :victory:

Guest midnight_runner
thanks mate but i dont think you would send it to where i live in western australia !!!!!!!!!! on the look out for one down here now !!

if peter pays the ticket i would go out of my way to bring it over im that sort of guy :D :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

thanks for the advice millet and its appreciated but when i read other posts lots of others seem to be bushing with their terriiers ??

theres one or two lads on here from what i can gather use terriers along side the ferrets for rabbiting.

but they only mark bush and wait around the nets for a bolt..

they would be discouraged entering any rabbit holes from day 1.

your first post read like you were thinking of using a terrier for a ferrets job,you,ll be digging to a dead dog sooner or later or losing it.

dont see how you can hunt rabbits with a spade and a terrier.