Racing or Coursing Greyhound?

I want to breed top quailty greyhound / whippet longdogs and have been given different advice on what type of greyhound bitch i should use.

I have a healthy budget to get the right bitch, but can i just ask you guys for your thoughts and reasons as to should i use a racing or coursing greyhound as the dam?

Thanks

I want to breed top quailty greyhound / whippet longdogs and have been given different advice on what type of greyhound bitch i should use.

I have a healthy budget to get the right bitch, but can i just ask you guys for your thoughts and reasons as to should i use a racing or coursing greyhound as the dam?

Thanks

try any well bred greyhound back to top working whippet blood.never failed for me

track grey has better turn but coursing is bigger, faster, stronger

coursing arent faster..track are faster but dont have as much stamina as the coursing..coursing bred hounds are bigger, stronger and dont injure as easily as the track hound....depends what you want mate...

do you want lightly built dogs with more speed maybe a bit less stamina that may tend to injure easily?

or do you want a slightly bigger dog with a bit more stamina, may not injure as easily but maybe not as fast?

personaly i would go for the coursing hound as they may be alittle stronger..you wouldnt even notice the difference in speed when crossed..

atb mate

coursing arent faster..track are faster but dont have as much stamina as the coursing..coursing bred hounds are bigger, stronger and dont injure as easily as the track hound....depends what you want mate...

do you want lightly built dogs with more speed maybe a bit less stamina that may tend to injure easily?

or do you want a slightly bigger dog with a bit more stamina, may not injure as easily but maybe not as fast?

personaly i would go for the coursing hound as they may be alittle stronger..you wouldnt even notice the difference in speed when crossed..

atb mate

Coursing are faster on the straight than a track dog :yes:

atb mate

Coursing are faster on the straight than a track dog yes.gif

in any of my experiences the track dog are faster but dont suit the coursing because they dont have enough stamina to run a few races in a day..why aint coursing dogs used on tracks they if the are faster???....

for reasons givin above id go for a coursing bitch.

coursing dogs run on rougher ground and dont get as injured as much as track dogs running on a perfect surface,so with using a coursing bitch the pups are less likey to suffer foot injury,s,also will have more stamina and if your using these pups in the field then they will have plenty of speed for what you want :thumbs:

best of luck :thumbs: