Hi all first post so please dont flame me.

I am thinking about starting up my shooting since leaving it for about 6-7 years. I have a relation that got me into it and I havnt really been active for a while. I decided to get a PC and then was introduced to games and that took over!!! At the age of 38 it may be that I should be moving away from this. The years havnt been great and I have put a few pounds well stone maybe and i thought walking through the woods doing something I use to enjoy would be a good idea to loose a bit of weight aswell.

My brother in law introduced me to your web site. I have a couple of questions though. I have an HW 77k that hasnt had a pellet through it for years and has sat in my gun cabinet. It was well oiled and looked after before i put it away and has been pulled out about once every 12 months and given a clean.

I have just sat in my back garden and fired a few pellets through it at about a 20 meter range to my pleasant surprise i have managed to get 8 of the pellets in the same hole and only making it slightly larger then a 10p piece.

The questions do i need to get my rifle serviced and if I do roughly how much will it cost? And if I do take it up again should I stick with what I have got or should i look at changing it to some of the newer types.

Cheers Jock

Hello and welcome mate .why do you want the rifle serviced its doing the job try it at thirty metres and see if its still as accurate and i think that will be its killing range

Hello there and welcome,

If the gun shoot's stright at 30 meters then you could also compare the power of it with a frirnds gun that is pretty new by shooting at an argos catalogue and counting the pages the pellet goes through, try it and let me know! Also it will save you some cash....

Ecostorm.

:gunsmilie: