bore cleaning with a boresnake ?

Hi All,

Currently working over in Iraq and have found the boresnake to be a god send, use it on my M4 on a weekly basis.

However I would recommend that its striped down and clean thoroughly one a week.

Over all though a good time saving bit of kit

Edited by ian163
  • 2 weeks later...

hi mjr88 sorry not replied earlyer but can only get on here when the wife buggers of out with her friends any way to answer your question no i have never noticed a change in poi after useing the snake or a once a week good clean i have mine shooting 1" high at 50 yrds and as say no change with mine :gunsmilie:

also some one said about pulling the gun apart before cleaning i only ever take the stocks of my rifles if going to do any work on them, there is no need to remove a stock on a standard rifle if you are cleaning it providing you do not flood the rifle with solvent or oil if you do it is way to much,

my experience has told me if i dip a mop in solvent let it dry a touch then push it down barrel from muz to crown that is more than enough to get most crap out it works for me has done for the last 30 odd years and i see no reason to change now.

if you over due your cleaning products it is a waste of the product and makes the cleaning of your firearm harder. :thumbs: