Hi all im new on here I have two lurchers a 3/4 Whippet 1/4 collie Bitch and Collie/Greyhound/Collie/Whippet dog what do do like i.e what lurcher type lamping, ferreting, cover work or is it that you like all of them

Love the goldfinch, did you capture it or raise it from an egg?

Hello Goldfinch and welcome to the forums, I am new and a trawl through the sections on here will answer almost every question about what people like or dislike.

Personal likes as far as working types will always vary amongs lurcher owners, I dont like bull crosses for instance although my latest is a wheaton bull cross!(so I am converted).

I always ran greyhounds for hare in the good old days, and had loads of collie, beddy and greyhound crosses for the odd foray.

If I get a dog and its useless, the softie in me keeps them, others shoot or get rid.

So I guess everyone is different just like the lurchers you see.

hello and welcome mate.

as has been said a quick glance through the forums will give you an idea of peoples likes aswell as the sheer variety that can be found in the lurcher world.

personally i have worked a pure collie since i started hunting and whilst he aint the fastest he makes up for it in brains and stamina. last week though i picked up a collie/greyxwhippet so heres hoping she will do me well.

atb mate and happy hunting

andy