getting lurcher pup to retreive

ive got a collie greyhound x saluki greyhound pup and i want to learn him to retreive whaty is the best way i could do this heres a few pics

hi mate breeding a very simlar litter myself,best way ive found is why out on a walk just throw the ball a couple of times as little and often is better than all the time as they get bored ATB big boy :thumbs:

Ive similar problems with my bull x 9 months old now, she's just not interested in a ball, she'l chase it n not pick it.. Ive tried a dummy tied to a long string n she'l catch it n id reel it in, pet her n reward her but without the string catch it, rag it, get fed up n leave it there.. She's caught 2 rabbits off the ditch already now n she'l run off a bit n wait til i go to her to take it off her,.. If anyone got any suggestions on that id be grateful aswell..

..... Pa

Make it a Game that the Pup Enjoys.Start off by Getting your Pup Retrieving in an Enclosed Space so it can't Get Past you.Only give the Pup a Couple of Retrieves a Day Otherwise the Pup will Get Bored.End the Game Abruptly so The Pup is Looking For More,But Don't Throw the Dummy for it Again.Never Ever Go to the Pup for the Dummy Always make the Pup Come to You.

A lot of people have big problems with there dogs retrieving and theres a simple answer pay me £100.00 and i will guarentee i will get your dog retrieving within 1 week, if i dont then you dont pay a penny (not even kenneling fees) I dont use any harsh methods, i dont pen them in so they cant run off, no e collars.

Zoe

I have just looked at your post and you are only down the road from me.

A lot of people have big problems with there dogs retrieving and theres a simple answer pay me £100.00 and i will guarentee i will get your dog retrieving within 1 week, if i dont then you dont pay a penny (not even kenneling fees) I dont use any harsh methods, i dont pen them in so they cant run off, no e collars.

Zoe

Is this for real ? :clapper::doh:

Zoe

the simple answer is,if you are not willing to help fellow hunters with maybe a little knowledge to help them along,and would like them to pay you for the privilege instead,your on the wrong site,maybe,just a thought

I take that to heart, i dont think i am on the wrong website, if you were a plumber or bricky you wouldnt work for f**k all would you NO, so why the f**k should i. I spent 3 full years at bishop burton college doing a foundation degree in canine behaviour and training and that is my line of work. I will help anyone wherever i can and i would of helped the guys who posted this. Why would you not get someone else to help you train your dog is there a problem with that? I stated i dont use harsh metods by this i mean i dont kick the f**k out of any dog and i never would. If someone who doesnt speak the same language as you did not understand what you wanted them to do would you hit them, kick them, or use physical abuse on them NO. Please do not judge me you dont know me or know what i do for a living !!!!!!!!!!!

I take that to heart, i dont think i am on the wrong website, if you were a plumber or bricky you wouldnt work for f**k all would you NO, so why the f**k should i. I spent 3 full years at bishop burton college doing a foundation degree in canine behaviour and training and that is my line of work. I will help anyone wherever i can and i would of helped the guys who posted this. Why would you not get someone else to help you train your dog is there a problem with that? I stated i dont use harsh metods by this i mean i dont kick the f**k out of any dog and i never would. If someone who doesnt speak the same language as you did not understand what you wanted them to do would you hit them, kick them, or use physical abuse on them NO. Please do not judge me you dont know me or know what i do for a living !!!!!!!!!!!

very colourful language,good asset for a dog trainer i presume,if i was a brickie and you wanted advise,i would give it freely,if you wanted the job done,i would charge,the guy is asking for advice, that's all i meant, didn't really warrant your life story did it now

ive got a collie greyhound x saluki greyhound pup and i want to learn him to retreive whaty is the best way i could do this heres a few pics

the way i start my pups is indoors mate,try the hallway where the dog cannot run away or pass you,as said make it a game,favourite toy,dummy whatever,little and often is the key,dont want to bore the shite out of the dog mate,maybe just a couple a day to start,you could also sit down with a toy/dummy,and show the pup you are having fun with it,but it is yours,then throw it for the pup,it will learn its your not his/hers this is another way to start them off,good luck with it mate,little bit vague with my explanation but hey its free right :thumbs:

Edited by watchman

Make it a Game that the Pup Enjoys.Start off by Getting your Pup Retrieving in an Enclosed Space so it can't Get Past you.Only give the Pup a Couple of Retrieves a Day Otherwise the Pup will Get Bored.End the Game Abruptly so The Pup is Looking For More,But Don't Throw the Dummy for it Again.Never Ever Go to the Pup for the Dummy Always make the Pup Come to You.

:thumbs: