how to bulk up dogs?

When my friends and i all had pups out of the same litter, i was ashamed of mine, as they were so small and scrawny compared to the others. But in a week or two after still feeding them the same diet when the boys visited i found that my pup smudge was almost the tallest of the whole litter. so dont worry about bulking them up they all grow at different rates.

ATB Brandonsdad

I feed my dogs twice a day,after the morning walk,then some rest,after the evening walk or lamp they are fed another bowl,good meat boiled up,I use the juice off the meat over my dry meal,some day's they get a raw egg or two mixed in for good measure,I have used cabbage boiled up in the past and the dogs have done well on it but I hate the smell in the house afterwards,atb,wirralman

In my opinion, bulk is really down to the dog's breeding, especially if there is BULL in there or some coursing greyhound.

Your not going to really bulk up a saluki type or lanky collie cross.

In fact, I find the more prolonged exercise a dog gets the leaner and flatter the muscles become. For example the long distance runners are like matchsticks comepared to the weight lifters or sprinters. So if you want a bulky dog, then good protein, fat and carbohydrate, out of a raw diet is best, then do some types of muscle building exercises like Sringpole, and flirtpole workouts in sessions with plenty of rest for the muscles to build up. Even some weight pulling if the dog is capable. Quick sprints are good beside the bike. Long distance biking is only good for stamina.

:drink:

Edited by cúagusgiorraí