Nettle question

This might seem like a daft question but my grandson asked me the other day when we were out shooting a few rabbits

and i didnt know the answer he said why do stinging nettles always grow on rabbit holes we can go into a field and there

are 8 rabbit burries in it and you can always tell where they are in summer because there are 8 bundles of nettles on top of them

and not another nettle in the whole field which he was quite right about

So i said i would try and find out why rabbit holes attract stinging nettles even under hedges does anyone on the forum have

any theorys to why so i can give him some sort of answer because to be honest i aint got a clue HELP

Because rabbits sit in their burrows laughing at us trying to net up, but more so because rabbits always dig where there's cover, and the only thing cattle and sheep dont eat is thistles and stinging nettles :D

Because the rabbit piss is acid and the nettles grow better in acid soil???

Anybody got a better answer ?

I'd go along with that and I've never seen the rabbits eating them either :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

This might seem like a daft question but my grandson asked me the other day when we were out shooting a few rabbits

and i didnt know the answer he said why do stinging nettles always grow on rabbit holes we can go into a field and there

are 8 rabbit burries in it and you can always tell where they are in summer because there are 8 bundles of nettles on top of them

and not another nettle in the whole field which he was quite right about

So i said i would try and find out why rabbit holes attract stinging nettles even under hedges does anyone on the forum have

any theorys to why so i can give him some sort of answer because to be honest i aint got a clue HELP

Maybe cos' rabbits eat everything but the nettles, thus leaving them to grow in great numbers, :hmm:

Yes basiclly the rabbits remove all competition for nutrients and light etc from above their burrows by eating and pissing on them. All that will grow is stingy nettles.

Jai.

Yes basiclly the rabbits remove all competition for nutrients and light etc from above their burrows by eating and pissing on them. All that will grow is stingy nettles.

Jai.

That sounds logical thanks for the replies now i can pretent to the grandson how clever i am LOL