Jack Russells

Guest AngelicAcid

Yes FTB, I think thats what i meant.

Reffering to standards, i was referring to kennel Blindness as well.

a bit like, I wouldnt have anything but a Bull x.

when there are lurcher Xs that are of the same standards and higher.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

there are good working russels without the x's. the x's are no doubt also very good.   waidmann

This is my bitch -     From out of Pengelli/Silkwood lines. She's about 11 month old now, I shall be trying her next season, so fingers crossed.

Posted Images

Totaly agree with Dabber, if it suites you then why x with something else. What a lot of people don't tend to get is a family or line of workers is just that, by crossing it to some other family or stain you are diluting it and ruining it. You will still get workers but with each mating after unless you fold it back in you are just driffting away from the type or line that suited you in the first place. Alli no disrespect mate but all you northeners are just "BIGOTS"....biggrin.gif

Edited to say in the 27 years I've been digging I've personally only seen one russell i would own, so IF there is a tidy line of russells out there then keep em close and look after them and good luck.

BIGOTS. :o Not related to Gordon Brown are you !

Yes FTB, I think thats what i meant.

Reffering to standards, i was referring to kennel Blindness as well.

a bit like, I wouldnt have anything but a Bull x.

when there are lurcher Xs that are of the same standards and higher.

Aye , I get you.

Although my preferance is russels, its not all I would keep.

If it works, it doesnt matter what it is - they are only types at the end of the day and once you start breeding for type :whistling:

FTB

FTB

then surely the russell was that original hunt terrier then(by the way i only have the blacks).

Not neccisarilly. They were the digging dogs, others were bred for the hunt as well as russells.

By the way I only have whites :icon_redface:

The black dogs you will have now are not the kind of dogs they were years ago.

FTB

whites,blacks,reds etc,im not predujice,a worker is a worker by any standard.colour means nothing to me but i find that from a litter,the ratio of worker is higher from a coloured litter.

regarding the black terriers from the days,i know they will be different now as many have been bred to look the part and win a ribbon.again,each to their own :victory:

"Are the standards that you require of blacks higher than what you would expect of whites?"

Other way about from my point of view. A pig on a leash is easy to find - a good working terrier is a different kettle of fish.

IMO there is more to a terrier than walking it to a hole on a lead and digging it back out - but this probably comes from the way I work my dogs and the ground i work them on.

FTB

:thumbs:

cracking bitch attack ft, ers my 12mth russel dog banditt small very strong. mad 4 it roll on next season, very much alike ur bitch

VERY TIDY LOOKING DOG YOU HAVE THERE ALLI, ATB WITH HIM FOR NEXT SEASON,

if everyone is breeding best to best. as is constantly preached on here (and rightly so) tha success rate should be very similar. the other thing is that many whites are from coloured perents will the success rate drop with the colour change. i think not as you can have whites and coloured in the same litter. also if best to best was allways practiced would the best workers not just be mongrel bred. lets face it the best terrier to ground in your catchment area may well be a different breed or crossbred and if you stick to type you aint practicing what you preach. white black choc red black and tan. if bred and entered well should give a similar success rate.

Bree. bred in scotland mal thomas davie jones lines. i'm told :)

post-2078-127334457363_thumb.jpg

post-2078-127334453461_thumb.jpg

Guest sparky

cracking bitch attack ft, ers my 12mth russel dog banditt small very strong. mad 4 it roll on next season, very much alike ur bitch

co chise, could you explain to me what you mean by

"tidy looking dog" i have heard this expression used a few times

but i dont understand ,

thanks..

co chise, could you explain to me what you mean by

"tidy looking dog" i have heard this expression used a few times

but i dont understand ,

thanks..

it was just a complement to alli as ive seen this dog in the flesh and to my eye he was a nice looking dog, if your asking me about show ability in a dog then your asking the wrong lad as i havnt a clue about showing dogs as im not into showing, probably cos mine wouldnt win a thing anyway, atb