What Pellet, Weirhauch HW100S?

Hello All,

Had my new Weirhauch HW100S nearly 2 month now, it came with a tin of H&N FTT. I mainly shoot rabbits with my gun, I am finding the H&N's are passing through the head thus not doing there job properly.

My friend said AA Field Diablo are good in the HW100, they are soft and deform well. Is this a good pellet for rabbiting ? Should I clean and lube or straight from tin?

Any other pellet recommendations?

Thanks

John...

Edited by Gaoler

Hello All,

Had my new Weirhauch HW100S nearly 2 month now, it came with a tin of H&N FTT. I mainly shoot rabbits with my gun, I am finding the H&N's are passing through the head thus not doing there job properly.

My friend said AA Field Diablo are good in the HW100, they are soft and deform well. Is this a good pellet for rabbiting ? Should I clean and lube or straight from tin?

Any other pellet recommendations?

Thanks

John...

hi buddy

yes AAF are great in my rifles and in my ex HW100,but every barrel is different :thumbs:

so what go's well in mine may not in yours :thumbs:

try pellpax sample packs and use the ones that give you the tightest groups :thumbs:

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/acatalog/Pellpax_SAmple_Packs.html

hope this helps!

regards

davy

had a similer problem with my hw100, tried a few and settled on the bisley magnums - tight groups and pack a bit more of a wack, effective on all legal airgun game. They have done the trick on close range rats, pigions and rabbits at some decent ranges- but as above - all rifles seem to have tier querks.. worth trying a few on a still day

Thanks for the advice,

Have got some AA's and Bisley Magnums will try both. Is it worth washing and lubing or does it not matter ?

Thanks

John...

Straight from tin or washed & lubed, AA Fields ??

Its up to you Buddy,But what i would do is take 50 or so shots with them before you do a test group,mine starts off like a shotgun when you change make of pellet,but settles down after a few mags.You could easily miss a good make of pellet if you dont do that.