starting out

hi all i dont want too offend any one by making this thread but can anyone help me out my uncle has a few ratting terriersbut one of his patterdale pups that i take out with the lurchers she has had a few rats and a stoat :sick: i took her out a fortnight ago she was in some bramble beds and a foxgot up. luckily my lurcher didnt catch it but ran it to ground :angel: i managed to grab izzy (the terrier) and clip a lead on her she was pulling and yapping on the scent when we got too the earth i let her go down as far as her lead would allow. i took her back to my uncles house and told him about it and he said he would allow me to take out foxing PROVIDING i get a locater and some experiance first.so could any one give me some tips on the best spades\probes \locaters ect also maybe a book or two ?

cheers fitchet :drink:

hi all i dont want too offend any one by making this thread but can anyone help me out my uncle has a few ratting terriersbut one of his patterdale pups that i take out with the lurchers she has had a few rats and a stoat :sick: i took her out a fortnight ago she was in some bramble beds and a foxgot up. luckily my lurcher didnt catch it but ran it to ground :angel: i managed to grab izzy (the terrier) and clip a lead on her she was pulling and yapping on the scent when we got too the earth i let her go down as far as her lead would allow. i took her back to my uncles house and told him about it and he said he would allow me to take out foxing PROVIDING i get a locater and some experiance first.so could any one give me some tips on the best spades\probes \locaters ect also maybe a book or two ?

am no expert mate.defo invest in a locator deben mk1 easy to use an reliabel but not cheep but it a must have 4 terrier work.a good strong roundmouth shuvel and a good grafta spade .and a strong bar not 2 heavy to carry. some nets but the main thing a good terrier.good look mate :thumbs::thumbs:

am no expert mate.defo invest in a locator deben mk1 easy to use an reliabel but not cheep but it a must have 4 terrier work.a good strong roundmouth shuvel and a good grafta spade .and a strong bar not 2 heavy to carry. some nets but the main thing a good terrier.good look mate :thumbs::thumbs:

cheers mate ive bought a mk3 long range terrier finder and have also bought a bulldog round mouth spade.any thing else ?

Theres some good books about if you wanted to get some infomation, you might be able to find some on the for sale section. atb.

berkshire mate :victory:

can i please suggest you PM me your postal address to join the fell and moorland working terrier club before you start off doing earth work,its only a tenner a season pal.i live in berkshire,can assist if need be.