lithium batterys

Guest wurzil

they dont just last longer, they weight half the weight aswell, i think a 14ah is around £160-£180 ish, and weighs around 900-950g

ye thats right mate they about 900grms and last about 4 hrs, i have one and they are excellent. there only down side is you dont notice them going flat they just stop, witch will be a bummer if ya on for ya 100th rabbit when it happens lol. yis wurzil.

they dont just last longer, they weight half the weight aswell, i think a 14ah is around £160-£180 ish, and weighs around 900-950g

ye thats right mate they about 900grms and last about 4 hrs, i have one and they are excellent. there only down side is you dont notice them going flat they just stop, witch will be a bummer if ya on for ya 100th rabbit when it happens lol. yis wurzil.

i thought that they would dimm like a regular battery

Guest wurzil

i thought that they would dimm like a regular battery

no mate they just shut down but they last around 4 hrs so dont know about you but that's enough time for me. yis wurzil.

I have had a fair bit of experience with lithium batteries, as i used to race enduro bikes in night events using lithium powered lights. (not as much fun as chasing four legged things at night i must admit :thumbs: )

They are fanastic batteries in lots of ways- dont get me wrong, but what deben and the other companies dont tell you is lithium batteries loose 20-25% capacity every year (even when stored correctly), so effectivly this is how mush lamping time your going to loose, so a 4 hour battery will only last 2 hours in its second year. Also the temperature you store them has an effect on their life / capacity, they need to be kept cool when not in use ideally in the fridge to keep them at the right temp, AND do not store them for long periods of time at full charge like lead acid, they should be kept at half to 3/4 charge (in the fridge)

If they are not kept in the fridge and are too warm they will loose even more capacity :no:

All that said, YES i would still buy one!!

Guest wurzil

I have had a fair bit of experience with lithium batteries, as i used to race enduro bikes in night events using lithium powered lights. (not as much fun as chasing four legged things at night i must admit :thumbs: )

They are fanastic batteries in lots of ways- dont get me wrong, but what deben and the other companies dont tell you is lithium batteries loose 20-25% capacity every year (even when stored correctly), so effectivly this is how mush lamping time your going to loose, so a 4 hour battery will only last 2 hours in its second year. Also the temperature you store them has an effect on their life / capacity, they need to be kept cool when not in use ideally in the fridge to keep them at the right temp, AND do not store them for long periods of time at full charge like lead acid, they should be kept at half to 3/4 charge (in the fridge)

If they are not kept in the fridge and are too warm they will loose even more capacity :no:

All that said, YES i would still buy one!!

thanks for that northern star i'l take that advice mate, cheers wurzil.