f*cking barbed wire

can anyone answer this why the fook do they have barbed wire in the first place ? we aint allowed to put it round garden fence to keep people out but farmers have miles of the stuff everywhere

my pup got cpl of nicks past few weeks from farmers cutting old stuff from fences and leaving it laid about all over wound powder or the spray cut and heal clears them up within 5-7 days

To keep stuff in fields...

I dislike it as much as anyone - but its fact that barbed fences last far longer and are equal priced to normal wire - farmers are operating a business not a fecking obstacle course for dogs.

It is a part of running dogs these days.

FTB

farmers are worse than vets,no reason why electric fences cant be used, i know a few that wont have barb wire on the place, its just those that are to lazy and fat off there profits that have it,

Barbed wire doesn't lose charge...I hate people who obviously don't have a f****n clue what they are talking about saying they should ban barbed wire, and as for farmers being 'too fat off their profits' are you f*****g serious? Most farmers struggle to keep going, most are giving it up or surviving on grants :wallbash:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just goes to show who is the prick mate because i took the dog to the vets and because i couldnt afford it they told me just to clean it useing salty water and dont use wound powder but i still used i

Posted Images

ftb its not just dogs that suffer i remember years ago when i was helping a farmer out and was driving to pick some bales up on a red hot day. we were going down the side of the field and come across a fallow buck with his leg caught up in barbed wire and all smashed to pieces just lying there absolutley fecked we found him at 5.30 and he must off been in the sun all day with no shade and a bust leg so we had to shoot him ill never forget the eyes of that buck as i did it the poor f****r was in prime condition aswell :thumbdown: :thumbdown: so i say f**k the farmer the countryside would be alot better without barbed wire and that is the fact that matters to me :thumbs:

Wouldnt be the first one mate. Pics from google images:

post-47250-127262511363.jpg

post-47250-127262512844.jpg

post-47250-127262514419.jpg

Not a fan of the fecking stuff, but it does a job. :yes:

It's even worse when it's poorly maintained, we came across this a couple of years back out on the lamp. It had caught itself up on a loose end of barbed wire, and tied itself up in knots with about 6 meters of it.

post-8371-127262616198_thumb.jpg

PS, I'm well aware of the danger of a Welshman posting a picture of a nervous looking sheep in a compromising position, :D so I'll get in there first and say that we did not have sex with her while she was tangled up in the wire, we waited until she was set loose! :yes: We believe in giving fair law. ;)

:clapper:

Edited by maltenby

Yeah it is a pain in the arse, literally at times!

Always remember coming home one day when I was young after a trip out somewhere and one of my mums cats had jumped up to a fence post, must of slipped and get tangled in the barbed wire, must of been hanging their for hours, luckily it was ok afterwards apart from the cuts.

It did annoy me slightly as the field had never been used for livestock but its up to the farmer at the end of the day, by using barbed wire you cover yourself for using that field for livestock in future thus saving money.

Still doesnt stop it being a pain.

Not a fan of the fecking stuff, but it does a job. :yes:

It's even worse when it's poorly maintained, we came across this a couple of years back out on the lamp. It had caught itself up on a loose end of barbed wire, and tied itself up in knots with about 6 meters of it.

post-8371-127262616198_thumb.jpg

PS, I'm well aware of the danger of a Welshman posting a picture of a nervous looking sheep in a compromising position, :D so I'll get in there first and say that we did not have sex with her while she was tangled up in the wire, we waited until she was set loose! :yes: We believe in giving fair law. ;)

:clapper: Very good.What night club is that? Edited by weasle

im taking her to the vets later so il see what they say

I'm, telling you now, if you run to the vets every time your lurcher gets a cut, your going to be working round the clock... Get a stapler pal.. And make sure your dog can jump with ease before entering areas with barbed wire. Also what happens if it discovers a red, like i said, get a stapler...

top lamper or poacher, your spot on mate, if you cant afford to go to the vets sort it yourself... At least you havent f****d your dogs off to the pound because your skint, good on ya... To the guys who think he's a prick, you no very little of what your talking about mate...

can anyone answer this why the fook do they have barbed wire in the first place ? we aint allowed to put it round garden fence to keep people out but farmers have miles of the stuff everywhere

my pup got cpl of nicks past few weeks from farmers cutting old stuff from fences and leaving it laid about all over wound powder or the spray cut and heal clears them up within 5-7 days

I dislike it as much as anyone - but its fact that barbed fences last far longer and are equal priced to normal wire - farmers are operating a business not a fecking obstacle course for dogs.

FTB

farmers are worse than vets,no reason why electric fences cant be used, i know a few that wont have barb wire on the place, its just those that are to lazy and fat off there profits that have it,

Barbed wire doesn't lose charge...I hate people who obviously don't have a f****n clue what they are talking about saying they should ban barbed wire, and as for farmers being 'too fat off their profits' are you f*****g serious? Most farmers struggle to keep going, most are giving it up or surviving on grants :wallbash:

thats the thing about farmers, they think the rest of us dont know what they get, £20,000 tractors etc,subsidies,,,worked on farms most my life,hate you to :icon_eek: !charge your fences of wind or solor power thats what most do, failing that you got mains converter, :no::icon_redface: Edited by foreplay

:clapper:

.... you crack me right up Malt :clapper: :clapper:

Not a fan of barbed either. And my lurcher can jump. But one slip on muddy ground and hey presto, chest wide open. I fail to see the need to use it personally. When it's not been maintained and it's lying round in long grass one gets rather nervous and not just for the dogs: my kids walk in the counrtyside with me all the time. The amount of times they've had near misses I don't care to think about.

I'd be happy to see the stuff eradicated.

FTB

thats the thing about farmers, they think the rest of us dont know what they get, £20,000 tractors etc,subsidies,,,worked on farms most my life,hate you to :icon_eek: !charge your fences of wind or solor power thats what most do, failing that you got mains converter, :no::icon_redface:

What about the farmers who own land away from their homes or cattlehouses? Wind, solar? Way too expensive don't you think for something as simple a fence, don't talk shite, if you can't manage to work your way around a barbed fence or get your dog to do so don't blame the farmer, I manage it alright and have never had any major cuts on dogs that would need anythin more than a wash out.

Guest stewie

ftb its not just dogs that suffer i remember years ago when i was helping a farmer out and was driving to pick some bales up on a red hot day. we were going down the side of the field and come across a fallow buck with his leg caught up in barbed wire and all smashed to pieces just lying there absolutley fecked we found him at 5.30 and he must off been in the sun all day with no shade and a bust leg so we had to shoot him ill never forget the eyes of that buck as i did it the poor f****r was in prime condition aswell :thumbdown: :thumbdown: so i say f**k the farmer the countryside would be alot better without barbed wire and that is the fact that matters to me :thumbs:

Wouldnt be the first one mate. Pics from google images:

that last pic is excatly how i found the buck i was on about :thumbs:

what you mean way to expencive for a farmer,??thats a goodun :clapper: dont hear that everyday :icon_eek: no disrespect if your that skint,sell me a bit of land,cause i cant afford any while the goverment pay farmers to own it and id love just a few achers, aint knowone with a brain that owns a lurcher going to say barb wire is good less its some tight arse dim hick sheep shagging farmer, :doh:

Edited by foreplay

what you mean way to expencive for a farmer,??thats a goodun :clapper: dont hear that everyday :icon_eek: no disrespect if your that skint,sell me a bit of land,cause i cant afford any while the goverment pay farmers to own it and id love just a few achers, aint knowone with a brain that owns a lurcher going to say barb wire is good less its some tight arse dim hick sheep shagging farmer, :doh:

Now you're slagging farmers off..... I come from a family of farmers all my cousins and uncles are farmers too. Most have had to give it up full time and get a second job and cut farming down. One of my uncles gave up dairy a few years ago because he was making a loss and has switched to beef and does a bit of lorry driving to pay the bills. I have no idea where you get the idea farmers are loaded and I'd love to see you try and run a farm with nothing but electric fences, they just aren't practical to be used everywhere

sounds rough poor old you, born to land and money, :thumbs: i aint realy reading your posts mate, no i dont like most farmers, imo a lot of them dont deserve the land they farm, infact there pritty much parrsites in my eyes,cost the tax payer billions, :bye: :icon_redface:dont care what you say cause thats the way it is and you know it, taught from a young age and geneticly ingraind to repeat "there anit no money in farming" till some gullable people actually believe you and think its ok for you to tare small hedges out into large priairys and evict any wildlife in the way to make the payments on your latest 20,000 john deer.not saying thats you but that is a lot of farmers :icon_redface:oh yer, and more barb wire cheap, :thumbs:

Edited by foreplay