had a bitch with a growth on her teet, 4 out of 5 of the vets in the practace said no dont worry about, besides the anastetic might kill her at that age.. it didnt grow or out so yup we took their word at it (4 off..).

then one day we went for a walk, i thought she'd picked up a thorn or something, kept checking her foot there, then i fussed her and bump.......the growth had grown and burst! i had to carry here for about a mile through a lotta growth (quickest route) or a 4 mile..

straight back of holiday to the vets aviout it the 5'th vet let rip at me about how could i let it happen... poor lass shut up as i exspoised lol. The place went awfull quiet as i rammed the facts down her throught...........''4............4!! of the vets IN HERE said'' blah blah... 560 quid later it was sorted nicely. owch! after that we had a very good service off one of the vets, the other 4 didnt go near! twats.

next on the list are those 'horse vets' the ones who visit those rather well off folk, and work to a 'non profitably' thing, ahh the dogs had it, cheaper put it down....... 6-8 weeks later the things up and about etc etc.....makes yu wander dunt it, dont people realise what they are? or is a huge bill worth more than the dog, horse what ever...must be trendy getting masive bills just put something down.

and..........a freind of mine had to folk out 500 odd quid in tests on her dog, the results were 'yes he's old'................hmmmm....?

dubious innit.

just had a thought.........who or where do you report these gits to?

BVA

I have to say in 40 years of keeping cattle, horses, pigs, cats, dogs, and suicidal sheep, I've never had an issue with the Vets. I have a lot more faith in them than I have the human doctors. :icon_eek:

ghillies if you have a look you will find a post by me about an expensive mooch ... plenty of photos on there about the b@stard vet who butchered my dog. If you haven't seen the pics before then may I suggest you don't eat when you're reading it.

The vet I worked for back home was disgusted when I sent the photos to him, and following his suggestions and my own experience I sorted things out myself. But it cost my dog an awful lot, and I still get mad just thinking about it.

Mostly I just clean wounds initially, give her some metacam and arnica, and then leave them to her to sort it out. She's got more scars on her than I care to count.

She's got the heart of a lion this dog - and skin like flippin' tissue.

... and teeth like Jaws :laugh: