This Mornings Ferreting.

Had a morning out ferreting with my mate, who is also a member of this site (gingerbob).

The land we were ferreting doesn't hold many rabbits but the warrens that are on the land are mostly in dyke sides, and with the cover still been high this was a bit tricky to net.

Gingerbob took his dogs (two terriers and his small whippet type lurcher) and they worked well marking sets, which were them proved to be ocupied by the ferrets. We only ferreted 5 warrens which gave us 6 good healthy rabbits. We did pick up a mixied one that was sat out on the way back to the van, might be why the numbers are low on this land ?? :blink:

Here's a few pics.

This is the only open warren thats on this land all the others are in hedgebottoms.

sunp0003bma6.jpg

Here's a pic of the final bag with dogs used :D

sunp0009bze5.jpg

sunp0010oe0.jpg

All the best Tommy ;);)

good looking set of dogs, whats the breeding combo on the lurcher? looks really good, perfect size.

Not 100% sure mate. He's my mates dog and as he didn't buy him as a pup he's not sure of his true breeding. I would say the dog is about 20-21 inch and for working the hedgerows etc is a real handy little dog, marks sound as well :yes::yes:

All the best Tommy ;);)