old wives tales and terriers

hi all,was out with the terriers last sunday and after along 4 hour dig we were off home where i cleaned the dogs up and found that they had a hell of a lot of sand in there eyes and they where starting to close up rapid and had all gunk coming out of them,so so i kept bathing and cleaning them through out the day but no change at all and that night and the next morning i had to prize there eyes open,so i was all set for a trip to the vets thinking they might need some drops or somthing as there eyes where not only painful but very puffed up this is when my mum came in to play with her old wives tale of COLD TEA ,she cleaned there eyes through out the day when i was at work and when i got in they were fantastic clean shining and puss free ,we have used this now for past few days and the results are brilliant,has anyone else used this method? if not you should give it a go it really does work lol,.thanks for reading kris.

I would learn from your experience , i have known dogs to go blind due to lack of post work care.

Cotton buds are quite good at getting dirt fron under the eyelids etc.

Eyes should be flushed out as soon as possible if there is dirt in them.

FTB

the old wives tale i know is with camemile tea(some hippies and babies drink it :whistling: ) this has some antiseptic qualities apparently.

i was told to bathe my eye in it when i had an infection and have done the same on dogs after working in sand.

good thinking to pass this kind of thing on so that others can use it :thumbs:

good post

waidmann

I would learn from your experience , i have known dogs to go blind due to lack of post work care.

Cotton buds are quite good at getting dirt fron under the eyelids etc.

Eyes should be flushed out as soon as possible if there is dirt in them.

FTB

a up mate thanks for the reply ,when i said i had cleaned them i ment i had used a cotton wool and buds for getting the sand out of the inside of the lids and flushed with little syringe ,but have learned something new from it all mate, cheers kris

another tip i was given from a well respected terrierman was gound caster sugar, not iceing!!!! for removing sand/grit from dogs eyes..

when it disolves it goes like a gel, dont know if it soothes like tea but pulls all the crap into the gel which can be easily wiped clean..

another tip i was given from a well respected terrierman was gound caster sugar, not iceing!!!! for removing sand/grit from dogs eyes..

when it disolves it goes like a gel, dont know if it soothes like tea but pulls all the crap into the gel which can be easily wiped clean..

Cod liver oil is also good for getting sand/grit out of their eyes..