First timer.

Hi,

I've just this minute ordered my first ever longnet. I've never used one before but have been an avid ferreter for some time now. The main bulk of the earths on my permission are under more horthorn than you can shake a stick at. It is vertually impossible to get in there to set purse nets let alone trying to dive around trying to catch netted bunnies. So the reason for my post is to ask simple questions like, do they just roll up for when I'm not using them or is there a nack so they don't get tangled, should it have a small amount of slack or a lot or slack etc etc. Sorry if this has been posted before but I'm on an iPhone so it won't let me use the search bar.

Thanks in advance, Aaron.

As long as the net has 100% slack you will not go far wrong as far as catching rabbits go. You can either put the net on end pins or with a short net say 5 yards or so, you can place a peg at each end of the net and just roll it up when you have finished using it.

TC

Edited by tiercel

Long netting from peg to peg by simon king the best book on long netting i've ever read its got everything you need to know plus tips try it out i did and it great

lol simon king is a wildlife photographer/film maker,you might be thinking about MARTIN KING,whistling.gif joking aside,i to bought this book and not only does it help it's also a good read,take this lads advice and buy it you won't regret it,you can buy it at THE BOOK DEPOSITRY online and they do free delivery.thumbs.gif

Edited by jf1970

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/search?searchTerm=peg+to+peg&search=search

Fantastic book and well worth a read. And i think this is the cheapest you will get. I got it from them and it took three or four days but at nearly half the price of others delivered i could wait those couple of days. Plus it was over the bank holiday long weekend so not bad at all. I'm new to longnetting as well and as the book will tell you take your time and practice and get the net sorted before you go out it will be alot easier.

Good luck