Just bought a .410

Chaps

I've just added a .410 single barrel folder to my growing collection (new cabinet needed soon :icon_eek: but I couln't let it go by at under 50 notes) but never having had this cal before I thought I would ask for a bit of advice before forking out for some lead to put through it.

It is a 3" magnum and I am wondering what is the best cart to go for. I am not too bothered about fibre wad (I know they are only available in Eley) so that broadens my search a bit. It is just a 'bumming about the fields' gun for rabbits, the odd pigeon and something I can let the kids get started on.

I was thinking maybe 19grm 6's?

What do you think?

TT

use mine for fox dispatch, and a bit of rough shooting on a permission with noise issues, only use eley fibre wads, anything between sub sonics for fox dispatch (built up areas) or 3" magnums for the rough, great little gun

post-5267-127194449631.jpg

Well, finally got out with the wee gun this afternoon. Just a quick wander round a small field to blow the cobwebs out after a rough day. Anyway a rabbit popped out at about 35 yds so a quick shot at it and it bowled over like a good 'en. I paced it out to be 45 paces so I was more than happy. The pattern looked pretty good as it kicked up the dirt in a nice circle about the rabbit, which I was able to see with the small amount of recoil. The only drama was the cartridge had expanded so much that I had problems getting it out and had to use the back of my knife. Other than that, very happy for £45 :rocker:

23042010008.jpg

andri was that mossberg a bolt action as i bought 1 for 50 quid with adj choke sold it for the same price a year ago and bought me self a hush power a few weeks ago. sorry to jack thread ps i also have the odd issue with cartridge jammimng normally on the way in on 3" magnums if a bit of shot is sticking out the side of the cart a bit great guns happy shooting willum :thumbs:

andri was that mossberg a bolt action as i bought 1 for 50 quid with adj choke sold it for the same price a year ago and bought me self a hush power a few weeks ago. sorry to jack thread ps i also have the odd issue with cartridge jammimng normally on the way in on 3" magnums if a bit of shot is sticking out the side of the cart a bit great guns happy shooting willum :thumbs:

yes it was a bolt action and signed it over to a friend a couple of years back,it had a habit of jamming but a great gun. :thumbs: