might be best leaving it a while before disturbing the jill for pictures, unless you have a jill thats friendly, or like one of mine couple years back, she put them in a washing up bowl in the court

post-5267-127149377388_thumb.jpg

congratulations though, if its your first litter, you'll end up wanting to keep them all :clapper:

no just the first litter this year. my mate took 4 of them to put on his jill as all apart from 3 of hers died. that takes a bit of the pressure off i guess. my jill is ever so friendly. i had a look to see if they where all ok and she took them back out of my hand 1 by 1 and put them back in the nest. its all good.will send those feathers begining of next week stubby

no just the first litter this year. my mate took 4 of them to put on his jill as all apart from 3 of hers died. that takes a bit of the pressure off i guess.

What was the reason that her young died? and do you think it was a wise move giving her more young as she already lost some babies?

the main reasons she has lost them will prob be.

1. bad mum lack of interest.

2. your mate could not keep away from looking in and she got stressed.

3. not producing enought milk to keep them going.

4. over protective and covers them and they unable to breath.

Good news on all the kits.

The first ferrets I owned were 2 jills (litter sisters) and their first (and only) litters were 14 and 15. :icon_eek:

I just made sure they had plenty of meat and soaked dry food available for them from a young age (they had their eyes closed and were coming out for the food once they got a taste for it!) All of the kits survived.

Good luck with them all...your going to have your hands full in a few weeks when it comes to handling them all though.

well i have plenty of feed in the freezer for them as i picked up a road kill roe the other day and my dad works on a poultry farm. i also have a chest freezer full of woodies and rabbits. t5avs1 i will hold 2 jills back for you, do you have a prefrence on colour? i know there will be a mix of poleys and albinos.