close call

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite simply..its a case of the have,s and the have not,s... easy as fcuk to sit in your ivory towers spouting this and that.. FTB.. come to my neck of the woods s.yorks and i,ll give you 100 to 1 th

ive been goin round farmers doors now for weeks and gettin no were they hate lurchers so wat can we do......well i no wat im doin subaru...100% poacher.......catch me if u can hahahaha

Fabulous :angel:

Why dont you take up car theft of hard drugs if you are looking for attention.

If you present yourself correctly and do the legwork you WILL get permission, unless you are a complete bellend that is blatently obvious to complete strangers.

If you came to my door with your trackies tucked into your socks and a spliff hanging out your mouth - with the faint sound of scooter coming from your subaru stereo - i would tell you to fuuck off aswell.

FTB

its f**KING HARD MATE FOR YOUNG LADS LIKE ME SELL AND, WE DO GO TO FARMERS DOORS IN THE RIGHT MANNER, US MITE BE YOUNG BUT NOT FOOLS, BUT SICK OF GETTIN TURNED AWAY...I LOVE MY SPORT AND CAUSE I CANT GET PERMISSON I SHOULD NOT GO OUT WITH ME DOGS FUK THAT, I OUT MORE THAN MOST I RESPECT THE LAND WERE I DO POACHER, MY DOGS ALL STOCK BROKIN AND IF I DO GO IN FIELDS, I MAKE SURE EVERY GATE LOCKED ETC....AND FIGHT THE BAN MATE I DONT LISTEN TO SCOOTER, HARDCORE ME MATE..

LOL

Just having a laugh bud, but thw main reason farmers turn lads away is because of the attitude you have given - if they say no I will just go on anyway.

It probably is easier to get permission where i am, but it is not impossible.

At the end of the day, as long as you dont show the sport in a bad light, and try to keep yourself to yourself - i dont have a problem with it.

Its the lads who show no respect, and fuuck what everyone else thinks that i and many others have the problem with.

FTB

ive been goin round farmers doors now for weeks and gettin no were they hate lurchers so wat can we do......well i no wat im doin subaru...100% poacher.......catch me if u can hahahaha

If you present yourself correctly and do the legwork you WILL get permission, unless you are a complete bellend that is blatently obvious to complete strangers.

If you came to my door with your trackies tucked into your socks and a spliff hanging out your mouth - with the faint sound of scooter coming from your subaru stereo - i would tell you to fuuck off aswell.

FTB

quality lol

It is indeed difficult to get permission, I know many farmers around here well and they don’t like dogs being run on their land full stop, this could be down to past experience with poachers, them believeing that it will scare game/birds away, or the land already being looked after by a keeper (most are around here) or the simple fact that its a lot easier to say no than yes!

I think your best bet is to get some ferrets and ask to ferret the land first, more often than not they will say yes, give it some time build the trust and then ask to lamp the land with your dog.

Also go along with a printed card with your name address and mobile on it, this goes somewhere to prove that you are trustworthy.

Good luck!

FTB

:D I was trying to stay out of this one, but you have got to admit this was funny.

I hope your not stereo TYPING anyone FTB eh.......

It's never been easy to gain permission for one reason or another, and yes there are always going to be naughty people doing naughty things.

Thats life, and it's their lifes. Enjoy.

;)

It is indeed difficult to get permission, I know many farmers around here well and they don’t like dogs being run on their land full stop, this could be down to past experience with poachers, them believeing that it will scare game/birds away, or the land already being looked after by a keeper (most are around here) or the simple fact that its a lot easier to say no than yes!

I think your best bet is to get some ferrets and ask to ferret the land first, more often than not they will say yes, give it some time build the trust and then ask to lamp the land with your dog.

Also go along with a printed card with your name address and mobile on it, this goes somewhere to prove that you are trustworthy.

Good luck!

This is just what i was going to sudgest, I became freinds with a farmer that builds farm fence's and plants new hedges for other farmers, and he gets me a fair bit of ferreting permission, and after a wile, will ask for lamping. he even got me permission from a very well known member of parliment lol.

wernt on permission, my permission is quite a way up north, but no point in travelling all that way just to get dog out for a few hours, to get him clued up

Not being funny bud, but its folk like you that are the reason we CANT do anything.

Make the effort and chap some doors, you cant spit the dummy out the pram for getting hassle for being somewhere you shouldnt.

Common sense prevails.

Just my opinion though.

FTB

common sense? theres 25,000 members on here, how many others in the sport without computers? theres not enough land for everyone to have permission. get real. fxxx the permission, if it comes its a bonus, if not so what. why blame poachers for ban, when its the city toffs buying country homes and buttiing there noses nto stuff they know nothing about, farmers, politicians, there to blame. conservation. if you ar-e lick them you might get small corner of sht land with nothing on it. the ban makes no difference to most of us, just means being more wary, and heavier s--t when it do come on tops. remember they have to prove any case, put a ferret in a box and take it with you, its a reason foor beung on the land, then its only tresspass, which only comes into effect once asked to leave. thanks to ramblers act. :thumbs:

wernt on permission, my permission is quite a way up north, but no point in travelling all that way just to get dog out for a few hours, to get him clued up

Not being funny bud, but its folk like you that are the reason we CANT do anything.

Make the effort and chap some doors, you cant spit the dummy out the pram for getting hassle for being somewhere you shouldnt.

Common sense prevails.

Just my opinion though.

FTB

fair point mate, but if you dont get out there and do it you end up been an internet hunter like some on here................

IMO the way things are now its not worth the aggro to poach. Having to constantly be looking over your shoulder makes for a crap night and takes your mind off the dogs, nevermind the fact your risking your dogs and motor being taken. I think alot of people are just out for the excitement of getting away with it.

If thats the case maybe they should find something else to do to get their buzz to take the heat of everyone else? Before everyone jumps down my throat im not saying that about everyone who wanders is like that, just some who make it on top for everyone else.

well mate i love working my lurchers, cannot get permision to save my life. i consider my self a respectful young lad of 21, ive got a good job and my own house. i am also currently at university. what more could you possibly want from some one in order to give permission. theres no way i am packing it in so only option is poach. what would you say do, not work my dogs until i get permision, obviously not.

Quite simply..its a case of the have,s and the have not,s... easy as fcuk to sit in your ivory towers spouting this and that.. FTB.. come to my neck of the woods s.yorks and i,ll give you 100 to 1 that you wont be able to gain permission of the likes you have already.. many in my neck of the woods have tried relentlessly and failed miserably...

So we come to the next step.. travel for permission... dont you think that 100,s ..nay 1000,s have the same idea..

There,s only so much land and so much permission to go around

So dont keep a lurcher i here you cry... why the fcuk should we not keep a running dog.. you,se with permission keep em.. is it an exclusive club this permission having lark.. no it is not.

Im an easy going chap but it boils my piss when people of the same sport start takin the piss and looking down on his fellow sportsmen.

To all you with permission.. good luck and good hunting.. but dont think for 1 minute that i wont be venturing on your land anytime soon...atb stabba

• Like 2

Quite simply..its a case of the have,s and the have not,s... easy as fcuk to sit in your ivory towers spouting this and that.. FTB.. come to my neck of the woods s.yorks and i,ll give you 100 to 1 that you wont be able to gain permission of the likes you have already.. many in my neck of the woods have tried relentlessly and failed miserably...

So we come to the next step.. travel for permission... dont you think that 100,s ..nay 1000,s have the same idea..

well said mate

There,s only so much land and so much permission to go around

So dont keep a lurcher i here you cry... why the fcuk should we not keep a running dog.. you,se with permission keep em.. is it an exclusive club this permission having lark.. no it is not.

Im an easy going chap but it boils my piss when people of the same sport start takin the piss and looking down on his fellow sportsmen.

To all you with permission.. good luck and good hunting.. but dont think for 1 minute that i wont be venturing on your land anytime soon...atb stabba