best lure for fox trap

whatever the foxes have been feeding on, that your trying to catch

although for our urban foxes, I used the arse end of a rabbit, skinned but with tail, the older the better, and I mean old, months rather than days/weeks :sick:

i have the best success with salami(hard sausage from aldi) lots of small bits around the trap and a decent sized piece on the trigger.

this will keep for days (even after a week or two still tasty and smelly).no maggots etc.

positioning of the trap is paramount.

waidmann

I use a little Feralmone on each traps to gain good interest. Its around £33.00 per can, but depending on how often you are trapping and if you are doing the work as an occupation, it pays itself off on the first job and lasts for ages (depending on how much work you have coming in).

A split second is all thats needed per trap, and that will last for up to 4 days. Too much can be counter-productive.

www.feralmone.com

1 Can will:-

• Treats up to 300 sites
  • Works for up to 4 days

FeralMone™ is a cost-effective lure or scent designed to increase visitation of foxes to bait or trap sites and to assist in bait uptake.

FeralMone™ is derived from the canid lure Synthetic Fermented Egg (SFE) and was developed by the scientists at Pestat Ltd, Australian Wool Innovation Ltd and New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service.

Recent trials have proven FeralMone's effectiveness and demonstrated the value of having SFE readily available in an aerosol can.

post-45910-127149449388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Urban Fox Control London

post-5621-127153723847_thumb.jpg

Chicken fully feathered

I agree..........a fully feathered (white) chicken works in most situations, but the strongest draw is the scent from a previous occupant.

Rolfe.

I would agree especially if you catch a vixen, had one a month ago followed by 2 dog foxes in the same week.

Wink