is it too late to flea

i wanted to flea my two before i bred them but the jill has started coming into season, been swelling for 3 days now, i was wondering if it still possible to flea her with no ill affect (using frontline spray) as i don't want her to pass anything onto the kits.

and another thing, i have read three books about breeding them now, and the general consencus is wait until 14days after the jill started swelling then leave them together in a neutral hutch for 24 hours.

thanks atb rob

i was just worried that getting the spray on her exposed 'you know what' (its a family site) may cause troubles but if not i will go ahead and flea.as for the hutches i got this flea spray for houses, from the pet shop, that fumigates in 30 minutes and that did the trick good and proper before just make sure you air the hutch out well before you put them back.

thanks guys atb rob

ps. is the breeding info right yes? just want to make sure it all goes properly as it is the first time i have bred ferrets, been reading up for weeks and had every book with any ferret content from the library too

i was just worried that getting the spray on her exposed 'you know what' (its a family site) may cause troubles but if not i will go ahead and flea.as for the hutches i got this flea spray for houses, from the pet shop, that fumigates in 30 minutes and that did the trick good and proper before just make sure you air the hutch out well before you put them back.

thanks guys atb rob

ps. is the breeding info right yes? just want to make sure it all goes properly as it is the first time i have bred ferrets, been reading up for weeks and had every book with any ferret content from the library too

if its the same frontline spray i get you should be puting two sprays on latex gloves then rubing it into the ferrrets fur not spraying it directly onto the ferret to strong that stuff two sprays for a medium jill

if its the same frontline spray i get you should be puting two sprays on latex gloves then rubing it into the ferrrets fur not spraying it directly onto the ferret to strong that stuff two sprays for a medium jill

yes the vet said just squirt the amount of sprays on the ferts back then using the gloves rub in all over. thats what i did before and it worked fine. i dont see the differnce between spraying onto the ferret or onto the glove, either way the ferret gets rubbed with the liquid. i wasn't suggesting a good soaking or a dip :thumbs::drink:

yes the vet said just squirt the amount of sprays on the ferts back then using the gloves rub in all over. thats what i did before and it worked fine. i dont see the differnce between spraying onto the ferret or onto the glove, either way the ferret gets rubbed with the liquid. i wasn't suggesting a good soaking or a dip :thumbs::drink:

The diference is the area you spray directly onto prior to rubbing it in with the glove will have to much frontline and as it's such strong stuff will cause iritAtion or worse burn the poor ferrets skin it's strong stuff trust me .I picked up an unwanted jill about a week ago rideld with fleas two pumps on the glove one pump then the other thT afternoon clean as a whistle .also be wary of the spot on parasite treatment as it is not good for pregnant or lactating ferrets it doesn't say on the box but I got my pet shop to ring them and they confirmed Canot be used on them

Edited by Jamie m