day 1 of new ferret pen

Ive had upto 15 ferts in a court that size

although your probably going to lay slabs, or just concrete the floor, I'd suggest fitting a soak away drain, a simple 6"x6" gulley above a hole filled with pea shingle will surfice, makes it so much easy to wash out with a hose,

also, if thats lap panel fencing at the rear, make sure you cover that in mesh too, or the stinkers will be out after a few hours

other than that, looks great

maybe add a swimming pool for them, mine love it in the summer when its hot

post-5267-127120992786_thumb.jpg

post-5267-127120990764_thumb.jpg

post-5267-127120994709_thumb.jpg

Ive had upto 15 ferts in a court that size

although your probably going to lay slabs, or just concrete the floor, I'd suggest fitting a soak away drain, a simple 6"x6" gulley above a hole filled with pea shingle will surfice, makes it so much easy to wash out with a hose,

also, if thats lap panel fencing at the rear, make sure you cover that in mesh too, or the stinkers will be out after a few hours

other than that, looks great

maybe add a swimming pool for them, mine love it in the summer when its hot

post-5267-127120992786_thumb.jpg

post-5267-127120990764_thumb.jpg

post-5267-127120994709_thumb.jpg

mate you can see that you have thought of everything some good ideas, I am taking note even of the smaller door on the main door, is that there so you can control them as they come out? :thumbs:

mate you can see that you have thought of everything some good ideas, I am taking note even of the smaller door on the main door, is that there so you can control them as they come out? :thumbs:

yes, smaller door is a feeding hatch, I tend to feed inside and out, as when keeping a few ferts, they tend to split into groups, those that occupy the inside shed, and some outside, if you open the large door, although it'll have you in stiches as ferts pile out, it can be hard to keep them all in, so the small hatch solves problem,

I also have a sliding door between inside and out, its handy to lock them all inside when cleaning the concrete, or lock them outside when cleaning the shed