Help with trip to London

I am planning a trip to London in June & i would like to go to London zoo .. i will be using a train to Euston i need to know if its much of a treck from Euston to London zoo as i have only ever been to London once before many years ago

you wont want to walk it from there

from EUSTON go to WARREN STREET

then to OXFORD CIRCUS and then to REGENTS PARK

bit of a pain keep jumping trains, but they are all only one stop each :thumbs:

Thanks steve thats a big help :thumbs:

Guest bullterrier

Kay a word of warning you will probably taking your camera don't have it on show when your traveling on the tube not trying to scare you just be careful look forward to seeing your photes ..thumbs.gif ..john

Kay a word of warning you will probably taking your camera don't have it on show when your traveling on the tube not trying to scare you just be careful look forward to seeing your photes ..thumbs.gif ..john

very true :yes: If you’re coming to London this summer you should take particular care with wallets and personal belongings, especially in the West End and on the Underground because the entry of Romania and Bulgaria into the European Union has brought an influx of pickpockets to London. People from those countries and Albanians are also behind a lot of the crime involving cashpoints at banks and the cloning of bankcards.

As the Evening Standard story above shows, the problem has gotten so big the police in Westminster have wasted time printing up a list of Romanian phrases for their officers to try and use with suspects as the Romanians claim not to speak English when stopped. If the police tried slamming them into a brick wall face first I think they’d find the suspects spoke more English than they let on.

Watch out for the gypsy women beggars in central London who carry around kids that they’ve drugged to keep asleep. They carry bits of paper they push into your face asking for money and there are usually a couple of male members of their group close by, either to pick your pocket or to jump in if you forcefully tell the woman to get lost.

London is a pickpockets playground in summer, tons of people that get crammed together on the transport system and around some of the major tourist sites. Its best just to take the essentials with you when you go out for the day and spread your money and valuables around your pockets. One things for sure there’s going to be no shortage of modern day Artful Dodgers arriving from Eastern Europe this year.

very true :yes: If you're coming to London this summer you should take particular care with wallets and personal belongings, especially in the West End and on the Underground because the entry of Romania and Bulgaria into the European Union has brought an influx of pickpockets to London. People from those countries and Albanians are also behind a lot of the crime involving cashpoints at banks and the cloning of bankcards.

As the Evening Standard story above shows, the problem has gotten so big the police in Westminster have wasted time printing up a list of Romanian phrases for their officers to try and use with suspects as the Romanians claim not to speak English when stopped. If the police tried slamming them into a brick wall face first I think they'd find the suspects spoke more English than they let on.

Watch out for the gypsy women beggars in central London who carry around kids that they've drugged to keep asleep. They carry bits of paper they push into your face asking for money and there are usually a couple of male members of their group close by, either to pick your pocket or to jump in if you forcefully tell the woman to get lost.

London is a pickpockets playground in summer, tons of people that get crammed together on the transport system and around some of the major tourist sites. Its best just to take the essentials with you when you go out for the day and spread your money and valuables around your pockets. One things for sure there's going to be no shortage of modern day Artful Dodgers arriving from Eastern Europe this year.

They sell a pick pocket shocker on the internet - Hilarious - Its a wallet shaped/looking device it has a lead that triggers a smart shock when the pickpocket trys to boost it......Ill try and find a llibk and PM if you want..,,,

London is easy to get around in, everything is sign posted, so if you've got any sense you'll get about just fine.

Oh yeah, I hope you're not expecting to meet many Londoners when you go to London, they're a rare species in London these days. You'll see plenty of people from everywhere else in the world though :thumbdown: .

If you’re coming to London this summer you should take particular care with wallets and personal belongings, especially in the West End and on the Underground because the entry of Romania and Bulgaria into the European Union has brought an influx of pickpockets to London. People from those countries and Albanians are also behind a lot of the crime involving cashpoints at banks and the cloning of bankcards.

As the Evening Standard story above shows, the problem has gotten so big the police in Westminster have wasted time printing up a list of Romanian phrases for their officers to try and use with suspects as the Romanians claim not to speak English when stopped. If the police tried slamming them into a brick wall face first I think they’d find the suspects spoke more English than they let on.

Watch out for the gypsy women beggars in central London who carry around kids that they’ve drugged to keep asleep. They carry bits of paper they push into your face asking for money and there are usually a couple of male members of their group close by, either to pick your pocket or to jump in if you forcefully tell the woman to get lost.

London is a pickpockets playground in summer, tons of people that get crammed together on the transport system and around some of the major tourist sites. Its best just to take the essentials with you when you go out for the day and spread your money and valuables around your pockets. One things for sure there’s going to be no shortage of modern day Artful Dodgers arriving from Eastern Europe this year.

Blimey slow down !!....is their any evidence to suggest London has a higher crime rate than any other major capital city in the world then ?....you dont need to be a clever person to realise you need to be a bit careful when visiting major cities,but dont make out like Londons a no go area !...I would bet my bollocks London is a safer place for tourists than most other major capital cities around the world.

As for London zoo....as has already been said i wouldnt waste your time if thats all your interested in,plenty of other zoos to choose from expecially in the summer when every enclosure at London zoo will be packed 10 deep and you wont see much anyway.

If you want to take in the sights as well,then come on down as they say,best city in the world in my opinion.

Blimey slow down !!....is their any evidence to suggest London has a higher crime rate than any other major capital city in the world then ?....you dont need to be a clever person to realise you need to be a bit careful when visiting major cities,but dont make out like Londons a no go area !...I would bet my bollocks London is a safer place for tourists than most other major capital cities around the world.

As for London zoo....as has already been said i wouldnt waste your time if thats all your interested in,plenty of other zoos to choose from expecially in the summer when every enclosure at London zoo will be packed 10 deep and you wont see much anyway.

If you want to take in the sights as well,then come on down as they say,BEST CITY IN THE WORLD IN MY OPINION.

Fecking too right. :thumbs:

very true :yes: If you’re coming to London this summer you should take particular care with wallets and personal belongings, especially in the West End and on the Underground because the entry of Romania and Bulgaria into the European Union has brought an influx of pickpockets to London. People from those countries and Albanians are also behind a lot of the crime involving cashpoints at banks and the cloning of bankcards.

Bollox!

I'd love to know which shady parts of London you've been hanging round.

London is far safer that any other major city I can think of in europe, with the exception perhaps of some of the scandihooligan countries.

The reading of the daily mail should come with an educational warning!

Cockney ning

I only want to go to the zoo :laugh: :laugh: perhaps i better take someone with me :laugh:

Get yaself down ere treacle i,ll get the mrs to give you a guided tour.....you can get a luvly drop of pie and mash or jellied eels after....dont be put off by the east euros we got the best ol bill in the world in london.....apparently :thumbs: