wannabe keepers

hi to all u digging men ime new to computers but not terrier work. why do small time game keepers insist on trying to do pest controle themselfs. now the seasons more or less over for me i have a wannabe keeper on the land adjoining land i walk my terriers, i came across this chap just this morning with two of his so called professional terrir men scatching ther heads. now i no that it wasnt any of my business. but seeing terriers working i had to investigate,on aproaching them he got very difensive towords me, i no now why. thay had enterd 2 terriers (illegal)pluss no locators and only a 12bore. and no nets. i offered my services but got told thay knew [bANNED TEXT] thay was up to. i no the spot from my younger days when i wos up for a bit of poaching, it run between 6ft to 15ft. why do people double up terriers and without locators. thers no excuses, what makes it worse these chaps are well known at terrier shows. it pisses me of [bANNED TEXT] these guys give are younger collegues advise. i just hope the terriers wos ok. thay dont deserve terriers if thay cant work them properly

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some lads new to the sport need educated but its a worry some may try to return behind your back on the permition you have worked so hard to obtain and ruin it not only for yourself but also to the qu

I'll correct you mate. Most pheasant keepers arent (IMO)that hot with terriers unless they also do it for recrreational purposes.   Grouse keepers on the other hand could more than likely show some

Know what you mean Alli, they should know better. Gotta a call from a young lad a couple of months ago wanting jabs for his terrier having had a session with charlie. It didnt take me long to come across the earth he had dug, to my horror it was the same earth my terriers had bolts over the years, it was a right mess, holes dropped in everywhere not even backfilled an one dead exposed fox in one of them. The young man in question is on this site regularly. Take note. For god sake, if your gonna do it, do it properley, act in a proffesional manner and within the law. Needless to say that earth is now ruined, how many more?

Know what you mean Alli, they should know better. Gotta a call from a young lad a couple of months ago wanting jabs for his terrier having had a session with charlie. It didnt take me long to come across the earth he had dug, to my horror it was the same earth my terriers had bolts over the years, it was a right mess, holes dropped in everywhere not even backfilled an one dead exposed fox in one of them. The young man in question is on this site regularly. Take note. For god sake, if your gonna do it, do it properley, act in a proffesional manner and within the law. Needless to say that earth is now ruined, how many more?

you must live near me ,nearly every earth round me are like that, its a shame as some of them have been good over the years but totally f****d now,

that,s exactly the reason why i choose to work my terriers on my own,thankfully it,s rare i come across earths dug and not back filled,especially on my own permissions.came across it regular up north were am from though..as earth,s already stated the young need educating in our sport,but sadly there,s some that know it all anyway eh...yis..darrell.

that,s exactly the reason why i choose to work my terriers on my own,thankfully it,s rare i come across earths dug and not back filled,especially on my own permissions.came across it regular up north were am from though..as earth,s already stated the young need educating in our sport,but sadly there,s some that know it all anyway eh...yis..darrell.

its not ALWAYS the young darrell.

hi to all u digging men ime new to computers but not terrier work. why do small time game keepers insist on trying to do pest controle themselfs. now the seasons more or less over for me i have a wannabe keeper on the land adjoining land i walk my terriers, i came across this chap just this morning with two of his so called professional terrir men scatching ther heads. now i no that it wasnt any of my business. but seeing terriers working i had to investigate,on aproaching them he got very difensive towords me, i no now why. thay had enterd 2 terriers (illegal)pluss no locators and only a 12bore. and no nets. i offered my services but got told thay knew [bANNED TEXT] thay was up to. i no the spot from my younger days when i wos up for a bit of poaching, it run between 6ft to 15ft. why do people double up terriers and without locators. thers no excuses, what makes it worse these chaps are well known at terrier shows. it pisses me of [bANNED TEXT] these guys give are younger collegues advise. i just hope the terriers wos ok. thay dont deserve terriers if thay cant work them properly

MOST KEEPERS KNOW f**k ALL ABOUT TERRIER WORK BUT THINK THEY DO AINT GOT TIME LOL REGARDS DABBER

MOST KEEPERS KNOW f**k ALL ABOUT TERRIER WORK BUT THINK THEY DO AINT GOT TIME LOL REGARDS DABBER

to be fair pal.most around my area will openly admit that which is why the majority of my FMWTC members are keepers.

Most keepers are smart enough to get some other silly sod to dig holes for them :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Most keepers are smart enough to get some other silly sod to dig holes for them :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

which suits me.