Guest digthemdeeper

116 members have voted

1. 1. Best breed of lurcher for foxes

• Collie x hound
    • deerhound x hound
    • Wheaton x hound
    • Bull x hound

Guest digthemdeeper

lurcher to lurcher cross a fox dog needs terrier blood if he,s going to take fox on a regular basis.i prefer about quarter wheaton with touch of bull at least half grayhound the rest deerhound/salukey/collie/grayhound/whippet whatever ur favourite cross is thats just my choice.had first crosses grayhound/wheaton and grayhound/bull both inclined to come to slow for small lands,3 quarter bred were very good but kept getting injured.heres a pic of one of my dogs wheaton/grayhound/deerhound(old breed)touch of bullpost-49456-12709159746_thumb.jpg

Tank is that the father to my bitch.

What way is that breed nice dog

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted Images

lurcher to lurcher cross a fox dog needs terrier blood if he,s going to take fox on a regular basis.i prefer about quarter wheaton with touch of bull at least half grayhound the rest deerhound/salukey/collie/grayhound/whippet whatever ur favourite cross is thats just my choice.had first crosses grayhound/wheaton and grayhound/bull both inclined to come to slow for small lands,3 quarter bred were very good but kept getting injured.heres a pic of one of my dogs wheaton/grayhound/deerhound(old breed)touch of bullpost-49456-12709159746_thumb.jpg

nice fox irish lurcher did get good scrap i still think the bull x s take a lot more stick..

nice fox irish lurcher did get good scrap i still think the bull x s take a lot more stick..

i think bull makes them more able to keep them going at foxes after they have had a few bites but that dont mean there better,the best fox killer ive seen is a deerhound x and it hardly ever gets a mark off doing a fox it kills them off inpact most times.its mostly bull x that get scared up this must be because they dont mind the pain

theres no 2 ways about it.. for out and out foxing its got to be bullx. argue all you like amongst yourselves.. its a fact... atb stabba

bull cross are a great cross if bred right but a wheaten cross off proper working wheaten lines NOT kc shite,this cross will match any bull cross,my current dog is bull cross but i like wheaten crosses(bred right) nothing like em.

theres no 2 ways about it.. for out and out foxing its got to be bullx. argue all you like amongst yourselves.. its a fact... atb stabba

sorry stabba its a malumute for me :icon_redface:

especially now that their 'tested to the max',ha.how is that 'proven' cross only been discovered now by those great men :whistling:

sorry stabba its a malumute for me :icon_redface:

especially now that their 'tested to the max',ha.how is that 'proven' cross only been discovered now by those great men :whistling:

I think the quote is "Dont knock it until you have tried it" mate...atb stabba

I think the quote is "Dont knock it until you have tried it" mate...atb stabba

oh yea forgot about that one we should apologise,after all theyv 'hit the jackpot' :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

No point in them taking to much stick, they could end up jacking as you know well, an over worked dog can end up barking at its quarry as you witnessed two weeks ago with your bitch. :thumbs: