an afternoon on the pea's

chris bee kindly invited me to an afternoon shooting on his permission, we arrived around noon and walked around to a area on the pea field we wanted to shoot, the weather was lovely, but not a bird in sight, we set out the magnet and around 24 deeks, but not a sausage, after an hour or so, we pulled the magnet in, just in case that was keeping them away, and within half an hour the were coming in, in dribs and drabs,

we both missed some barn doors, but also had some classic shots too, a quick walk around a wooded area at the end of the day, saw chris getting a rabbit, a good end to a great afternoon, good weather, good countryside, and good company

4 ferals,3 woodies and 1 rabbit

post-5267-127085165917_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

it was local but there has been f**k all when me and stubby went yesterday and same today when i went by myself. The magnets dont work here :hmm:

In all fairness Chris, the weather has not exactly lent its self to pigeon shooting local to you....31 degrees and clear blue skys, no wind...its a bad combination.

But as I said, they see a lot of the magnet round that way.

pigeons soon wise up to the magnets they are not as thick as people think i brought four @£100 and wish i never now!! cant beat well placed decoys look at old archie coates one of the best pigeon shoots ever and he never used them

• 2 weeks later...

i went to today. on freshly cut peas, i got there at half one, got set up with 12 decoys ( shells) placed in a u shape. set up he hide and boom they came in very well. 15 in 1 1/2 hir. and the total was 37 with 5 left behind as i could not find them :gunsmilie: