hi bob,if i was you i would GRASS THE f****r IN and keep yourself right.those officers can make things difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GLAD I DONT KNOW YOU TIKKA ............... :blink:

LUCKY YOU DONT LIVE AROUND HERE LESS YOU WOULD HAVE LADS SLACKENING YER JAW !!

DUCKWING

Edited by DUCKWING

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is for waidmann,it actually is illegal to posses gin traps unless they have been sandblasted to be used as ornaments.....and a snare is still a snare!!

:hmm: I don't think that information is quite correct... :thumbs:

Absolute rubbish - you can have as many traps in your possession as you want and it is perfectly legal - using them is a different matter though!

OTC

this is for waidmann,it actually is illegal to posses gin traps unless they have been sandblasted to be used as ornaments.....and a snare is still a snare!!

Absolute rubbish - you can have as many traps in your possession as you want and it is perfectly legal - using them is a different matter though!

OTC

And YOU should definitely know... :thumbs:

tikka 222

Posted Yesterday, 08:39 PM

Good one :whistling:

Just out of interest as things have changed since i last did much trapping but can you still use the gin in a tunnel the same as a fenn, by law.

OTC

And YOU should definitely know... :thumbs:

I think I should do ChalkWarren ... LOL!!

OTC

Just out of interest as things have changed since i last did much trapping but can you still use the gin in a tunnel the same as a fenn, by law.

:icon_eek: The use of gin traps and other foothold traps has been illegal in England and Wales since 31 July 1958 :wallbash::wallbash:

OTC

Actually in Scotland it is illegal to have in your posession a locking fox snare even as an ornament, snareman had to allpy for written consent to own one for demonstration purposes. Now, whether this law applies to rabbit snares with stops on I don't know, but I do know it is NOT illegal to own any king of trap in Britain, it is also not illegal to sell any kind of trap, but only certain traps are approved for use and to use anything else IS illegal.

I am not sure where the legislation is posted on the internet, but those of you in Scotland must now face the fact that any snare without a deer stop fixed in place is illegal to use.

One more thing, I just got off the phone to snareman and I got the date wrong, the new laws came into effect on the 11th of March of this year, not the 10th, my mistake.

No doubt soon to follow in the rest of Britain.

H

Actually in Scotland it is illegal to have in your posession a locking fox snare even as an ornament, snareman had to allpy for written consent to own one for demonstration purposes. Now, whether this law applies to rabbit snares with stops on I don't know, but I do know it is NOT illegal to own any king of trap in Britain, it is also not illegal to sell any kind of trap, but only certain traps are approved for use and to use anything else IS illegal.

I am not sure where the legislation is posted on the internet, but those of you in Scotland must now face the fact that any snare without a deer stop fixed in place is illegal to use.

One more thing, I just got off the phone to snareman and I got the date wrong, the new laws came into effect on the 11th of March of this year, not the 10th, my mistake.

No doubt soon to follow in the rest of Britain.

H

Great news... rabbit snares with stops...its a joke, still some people just love creating more legislation...Its getting pretty pathetic, with regard to everything snares, traps, hunting....censored.gif ... I just hope they see it for what it is and scrap the idea... OR for all the back garden pesties they can have them if they really want them... Cmon who sets a pegsnare on a deer trail in the countryside as for cats in the countryside.....well say no more, whats the point of stops on fences? Its getting pathetic... big_boss.gif

Are they going to have minimum stops on traps next to stop non target mice/voles getting caught.... be next in the pipeline laugh.gif

They will legislate us to death...They won't be happy till every form of hunting is banned in this country......Makes me sick..

I can't argue with that Ian, truth is they always bring the crap out in Scotland first to trial an idea (poll tax being one). Lets hope with a change in government there may be a change in their outlook.

Stops on fence wires are completely pointless, so guess whats next? No fence snaring will be the next thing...

H

WELL IAN ,

YOUR POST SUMS UP EXACTLY HOW I FEEL ..........

SNAREMAN HAS DONE A WONDERFUL JOB OF TRYING TO EDUCATE THE GOVERMENT .........

THOUGH HOW HE HAS THE PATIENCE .. WHEN THEY REALLY ARENT LISTENING TO HIM GOD ONLY KNOWS :no:

THE DEER STOPS MADE BY SNAREMAN HAVE BEEN A GREAT BOON TO THE ARSENAL OF THE TRAPPER .. THOUGH TO HAVE A BLANKET BAN ON SNARES WITHOUT A STOPS IS FRANKLY.......... FECKIN STUPID

I CAN SEE A TIME COMING WHEN OLD G.W. MIGHT REGRET EVER GETTING INVOLVED WITH THESE IDIOTS ........

FENCE SNAREING ? ............. WELL .......... PERSONALLY IF THEY EVER DID TRY TO STOP IT I CAN ONLY SEE THE LAW BEING DISREGARDED BY THE MAJORITY ......

IT REALLY MAKES ME FEEL SICK HOW THESE CLOWNS WILL LETS LOONS BLOW UP WARRENS SYSTEMS YET MAKE A LAW AGAINST A MAN SETTING A SNARE WITHOUT A STOP ON TWO FIELDS AWAY FROM ANY WOODLAND ..... BLOODY IDIOTS :no:

DUCKWING

IT REALLY MAKES ME FEEL SICK HOW THESE CLOWNS WILL LETS LOONS BLOW UP WARRENS SYSTEMS YET MAKE A LAW AGAINST A MAN SETTING A SNARE WITHOUT A STOP ON TWO FIELDS AWAY FROM ANY WOODLAND ..... BLOODY IDIOTS no.gif

DUCKWING

Exactly the countries ran by clowns, who have no idea....there job is to create paperwork end of, without it, they have no job....censored.gif

hi all

what i did, and has worked so for but with minimal testing, is to tie a knot in my snare wire at the correct distance from the eyelet large enough to stop the eyelet thus creating a stop fixed in place on all my "old" snares bringing them up to current legislation.

saved me having to bin them and get new ones.

regards P