Hi all, looking for some advice.

Wildlife liason officer was in the other day.

Apparently some of the snares i've been using are illegal.

They're wanting to know where they came from....

They were made for me from a local source, what should i do?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the diffrence between the snares? those that are legal and those that are not, and where do you live/work?

Rabbit or fox snares??

It is now illegal to use snares in Scotland that are not fitted with deer stops. You will have replace them all I'm afraid.

Snareman tells me the ban came into effect on the 10th of March of this year.

H

hi bob,if i was you i would GRASS THE f****r IN and keep yourself right.those officers can make things difficult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why Grass on somebody?????.Perhaps they were obtained before the New Legislation came into Force.

Bob,have you been Setting them?Is that why the Officer called to see you?

it can't be illegal to posess an illegal snare(gin traps,bear and man traps etc) it would be illegal to use them. a snare is a piece of wire untill used as a snare.

if the wildlife officer saw that you were using them then you will have to face the music,if he didn't then you have them still to be modified to comply with the law.

i would have forgotten where they came from by now,but maybe the last game fair there was a bloke walking around with them :thumbs:

waidmann

i think that the best course of action is to remove all the snares you have and get them modified to suit, on the liason officers return i think it would help things if he were to see a bunch of newly purchased ,legal replacements. At least then he will think youve taken on the advice he gave and sees that you have now made the effort and changed your gear to comply with all the legal requirements.

Some good points raised there lads. I'm fairly certain this guy gave me these snares after the 10th of March. Possibly because he knew the ban had came in and i didn't?? Not too keen on grassing, why grass when revenge could be sweeter :boxing:

Thanks for all the pm's, but i better not name and shame. Not yet anyway :hmm:

have you had some experiance in the matter bud?

there are a number of traps not allowed in germany but you can still buy them and keep them in the shed it would be illegal to set them(indeed the snare is forbidden over there).

i find it difficult to get my head around that it could be illegal to posess a trap that has only just gone out of service.

waidmann