breeding

I could understand this mating, if you lived in norfolk :whistling:

How far is Essex from Norfolk? :tongue2::tongue2:

Y.I.S Leeview

in this neck of the woods, we only go as far as cousin to cousin mating :whistling:

Is that same sex cousins :whistling::tongue2: ?

Y.I.S Leeview

i wouldent advise breeding brother and sister you will end up with deformed kits :thumbdown: i no a fella who did it years ago the kits lived but all started getin cataracks at a few months old so i def wouldent breed them im sure some body will let you use a good working hob to put over her theres plenty out there :thumbs:

I could understand this mating, if you lived in norfolk :whistling:

How far is Essex from Norfolk? :tongue2::tongue2:

Y.I.S Leeview

in this neck of the woods, we only go as far as cousin to cousin mating :whistling:

Is that same sex cousins :whistling::tongue2: ?

Y.I.S Leeview

:clapper::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by droid

Breeding in the same line is frowned upon, it just leads to genetic disorders in future generations. I would defo advise against it mate, but then again its entirely up to you. They used to breed lines together in dogs years ago to get what they wanted but that is one of the things that has caused many defects and problems.

I always make sure that the ferret lines are as far removed as possible and never had problems. :doh: :doh:

Breeding in the same line is frowned upon, it just leads to genetic disorders in future generations. I would defo advise against it mate, but then again its entirely up to you. They used to breed lines together in dogs years ago to get what they wanted but that is one of the things that has caused many defects and problems.

I always make sure that the ferret lines are as far removed as possible and never had problems. :doh: :doh:

Wasn't PLUMMER famous for it in his dogs and ferrets ???

I have done brother/sister matings several times over the years and never had any defective kits. I inbreed at least every 3 generations to make sure I haven't brought any defective genes into my breeding program. But then I have and breed only sables (polecat color and markings) with full dark nose pigmentation from a solid sable background with no dilutes or white markings. It probably is wise not to inbreed or linebreed silvers and/or DEWs, or albinos with those genes behind them.

whats your opions on putting my hob over my jill as they are brother and sister whats your thoughts

too close in my opinion it can be a plus when breeding for size but you can get throw backs deformation and very thick vicious ferrets take it from me ive seen all the possible line breeding faults there not good

]

I have done brother/sister matings several times over the years and never had any defective kits. I inbreed at least every 3 generations to make sure I haven't brought any defective genes into my breeding program. But then I have and breed only sables (polecat color and markings) with full dark nose pigmentation from a solid sable background with no dilutes or white markings. It probably is wise not to inbreed or linebreed silvers and/or DEWs, or albinos with those genes behind them.

For show breeding ?????

Are you UK based please? as we refer to polecat rather than sable

Y.I.S Leeview