Cornwall long before Wilkinson and barker started with

FELLS , again the breeding history of working terriers

is only as good as records kept the rest is hearsay,

Sid willkinson got his terriers off bowman,read

your books lads the truth is terriers have evolved from

terrier men experimenting worker to worker , but now

its for looks as-well who put the welsh pedigree across

his BnT FELL whistling.gif

it was a working welsh terrier ..wink.gif even if if a gene thing gto if you keep mating the whites together to get whites what are they ??

WHITE FELLS wink.gif

tongue2.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The question was:   White Lakelands, which class do thay belong in ?   Easy.....   They are a Cross Bred Terrier and that is the class they should be entered in.   If the Class says Rough/Brok

Posted Images

i own a few white white lakies.i work them hard during winter mths and started to show them in the summer,the question im asking is why when i put them in the rough russel class i hear the comments ;there not russels;.fair comments i know the breeding in mine and yes they are from lakeland blood ,so surely why dont show organizers have a class for white lakelands because most of the rough russels that i see at shows look to me like thers lakeland blood in them cos there a stronger dog altogether,so why dont your so called russel men be honest and admit the true blood in there dogs lines????

HI MATE ANY PUPS FOR SALE

how many white boxers and German Sheppard's have

you seen its a gene thing, but true albino's are

very rare, there was white terriers in Devon and

Cornwall long before Wilkinson and barker started with

FELLS , again the breeding history of working terriers

is only as good as records kept the rest is hearsay,

Sid willkinson got his terriers off bowman,read

your books lads the truth is terriers have evolved from

terrier men experimenting worker to worker , but now

its for looks as-well who put the welsh pedigree across

his BnT FELL :whistling:

Of course there were white dogs in Devon but they were russells,unless you are insinuating they were fells?

Heinemanns russell blood went into some fells hence the odd throwback "white" theres some camps that beleive Heinemann got his russels from parson Russell,but its unlikely as he was only 15 when Russell died,what is very likely is Heinamanns dogs carried the genes of Russells dogs.

Personally i think the fact that Heinemanns dogs were predominantly used for badger is the governing factor,these russells would add brains to the raw courage of the fell terriers,theres plenty of instances of terriers bred this way killing foxes without taking much damage and that takes brains not just blind courage.

And very few people [if any]actually start from scratch,we are all custodians of the working terrier,thats all,some are good at it and some shite,Sid was one of the best mate,i dont have to read books about that i saw the dogs work,and my very good mate and uncle dug with the man himself.

IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT COLOR THE DOG IS THE FOX DOESNT CARE BREED WORKER TO WORKER YOU WONT GO FAR WRONG..IF YOU LOOK FAR ENOUGH BACK IN ANY LINE YOU WILL FIND RUSSEL .BEDDY LAKEIE . BORDER WELSH ANY TERRIER AS LONG AS IT WORKED. THE SHOWS ARE FOR FUN AND THATS IT . IF YOU TAKE THEM SERIOUS ITS TIME TO PACK IN . IF THE DOGS WHITE IT GOES IN RUSSEL TYPE IF ITS RED OR BLACK AND TAN ITS A LAKIE AND SO ON ITS ONLY A BIT OF FUN

in my opinion the white lakie should be in the lakie class. it IS a lakie only white. whats next black lakie class red lakie class black and tan lakie. . the white lakie is as much a lakie as any other lakie and some of the ones ive seen are more lakie than the blacks and black and tans. and the only reason that they arnt in the lakie class is they have less chance of winning. as very few judges would have the bottle to put one up :thumbs: as for the white crossbreds russell or crossbred :thumbs:

in my opinion the white lakie should be in the lakie class. it IS a lakie only white. whats next black lakie class red lakie class black and tan lakie. . the white lakie is as much a lakie as any other lakie and some of the ones ive seen are more lakie than the blacks and black and tans. and the only reason that they arnt in the lakie class is they have less chance of winning. as very few judges would have the bottle to put one up :thumbs: as for the white crossbreds russell or crossbred :thumbs: