white lakelands

i own a few white white lakies.i work them hard during winter mths and started to show them in the summer,the question im asking is why when i put them in the rough russel class i hear the comments ;there not russels;.fair comments i know the breeding in mine and yes they are from lakeland blood ,so surely why dont show organizers have a class for white lakelands because most of the rough russels that i see at shows look to me like thers lakeland blood in them cos there a stronger dog altogether,so why dont your so called russel men be honest and admit the true blood in there dogs lines????

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The question was:   White Lakelands, which class do thay belong in ?   Easy.....   They are a Cross Bred Terrier and that is the class they should be entered in.   If the Class says Rough/Brok

Posted Images

Nice type you have their mate. In the long history of working terriers and the breeding of worker to worker you cant tell me either lakelands or jacks are pure and have not been added to one anothers lines over the years. where would the the white in the lakelank come from if not.

i own a few white white lakies.i work them hard during winter mths and started to show them in the summer,the question im asking is why when i put them in the rough russel class i hear the comments ;there not russels;.fair comments i know the breeding in mine and yes they are from lakeland blood ,so surely why dont show organizers have a class for white lakelands because most of the rough russels that i see at shows look to me like thers lakeland blood in them cos there a stronger dog altogether,so why dont your so called russel men be honest and admit the true blood in there dogs lines????

Is that your dog in the 1st pic alli? If so its a stunner :thumbs:

The question was:

White Lakelands, which class do thay belong in ?

Easy.....

They are a Cross Bred Terrier and that is the class they should be entered in.

If the Class says Rough/Broken coated Jack Russell Terrier, then that is what it should have in it, and to enter a White Lakie in that class is cheating as they should be in the Cross-Bred Terrier Class. However, if the Class says Jack Russell Type, then it's acceptable but if there is also a Cross-Bred Terrier Class then that is still the class they should be in.

If the dog is good enough to win, it will if the Judge is honest.

Cheers

• Like 1

The question was:

White Lakelands, which class do thay belong in ?

Easy.....

They are a Cross Bred Terrier and that is the class they should be entered in.

If the Class says Rough/Broken coated Jack Russell Terrier, then that is what it should have in it, and to enter a White Lakie in that class is cheating as they should be in the Cross-Bred Terrier Class. However, if the Class says Jack Russell Type, then it's acceptable but if there is also a Cross-Bred Terrier Class then that is still the class they should be in.

If the dog is good enough to win, it will if the Judge is honest.

Cheers

i no woy ur saying about crossbred clsss. i have done this n all u get is thay shud b in the rough russels class. u cant win. this is why thay shud b in a class 4 white lakies. then maybe the russell clan wud stop ther bleeting [bANNED TEXT] white lakies win in the rough russel class. and yes every terrier breed has forigien blood in ther somewhere

Is that your dog in the 1st pic alli? If so its a stunner :thumbs:

white lakies becoming more of , like that 1st pic by the way , i agree there should be a new class sorted , lol i got a patt bitch chocolate which goes in crossbreds smooth coat, also rough coated dog all black same crossbreds but why not black fell? REMEMBER EVERY JUDGE IS DIFFERENT

yes [bANNED TEXT] ther all mine the picture u asked about is a young dog called nipper i bred from my old white dog digger who is now 1Oyrs old n still likes to do a bit. i have 6 whites altogether. origionally from k gould lines glad u like the dog nipper has won a lot of championships wi him hope e keeps his looks haha

i no woy ur saying about crossbred clsss. i have done this n all u get is thay shud b in the rough russels class. u cant win. this is why thay shud b in a class 4 white lakies. then maybe the russell clan wud stop ther bleeting [bANNED TEXT] white lakies win in the rough russel class. and yes every terrier breed has forigien blood in ther somewhere

Yes, every terrier breed has foreign blood in it, that is not under discussion.

But if you have someone who is always putting Lakeland's over Russell's to get that 'Boxie' type stamp, as some breeders I know do all the time, then for those who breed a proper type Russell it pisses you off, as they shouldn't really be in the same class.

The dogs are clearly cross-bred terriers so there is absolutely no need for a White Lakeland Class, people should just be honest.

Several years ago I had a young lad bring a clear white Lakeland into the Russell Rough/Broken class, so I sent him out and told him to bring it into the Cross-Bred Class. This he did and as it was a smart little terrier I gave the dog first in the Cross-Bred Class, and he eventually won Reserve Best in Show to a nice black and tan Lakeland.

More judges should do this and as I say, if the dog is good enough to win, it will if the judge is honest.

Cheers

yes i agree with u. like i said u cant please everybody. ile keep em going in the rough russels. n ile put my tru black n tans in the cross breeds. at the end of the day its only a day out who cares [bANNED TEXT] people think. its only a bit of fun. its the working ability that concerns me the rest is a bonus. its ashame 5O% in the ring r just show dogs. wer av the proper shows gone. gone 4ever i think crufs as spread its wings. u cant dig to rossetts