white lakelands

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The question was:   White Lakelands, which class do thay belong in ?   Easy.....   They are a Cross Bred Terrier and that is the class they should be entered in.   If the Class says Rough/Brok

Posted Images

yes you can -- a white dog from black and tans is a lakeland ? a white bitch from black and tans is a lakeland ? mate the 2 to throw whites and what are the progeny ? true white lakelands -- are they not ? otherwise what are they ? and dont give me crossbred terriers coz thats what they all are at the end of the day ..

spot on ,they are lakelands just white in colour

topic soon ended wink.gif

The "white lakelands" are all Russell x lakelands in reality,the difference is the genuine white lakies came from certain lines only,a few pratts have emulated this by adding russell blood but they arent the same dogs at all,mostly done for profit and to cash in on the "folklore" aspect of things.

White bodied dogs were thought weak,and possibly the original originators of the Lakeland didnt want white dogs so culled,when the russell blood originally went in if an equal amount of white and coloured pups had been bred on the Lakeland as we know it would be a different colour possibly a different type all together.

Natters dog looks like the genuine article,those "Middleton lines" actually owe a lot to Sid Wilkinson and A.Barker lines,middleton wasnt in the same league and basically cashed in [no big secret]the last time any russell went into these when Sid had them was a very long time ago,as it was bred away from /culled out,you only get an occasional white pup,i threw 2 one a grandson of my original white dog[the bitch carried russell blood]and a direct son to a mainly border type bitch belonging to an uncle.

Call them what you like lads not really that bothered but be assured they arent the genuine article.

steve looks like youve bin doin research lol your not as daft as you look lol your right though pal mines somethin daft like 1/4 russel in her dam ave to ask my old man hel know more she works though doesnt interest me a deal with shows id have any colour terrier from any lines as long as i was impressed with the way they work the line i keep i know works must admit i am goin to put her to a black dog though atb

Just have a class that puts them all under the one umbrella..."White terriers". :victory:

problem is with that i dont bother much with shows but the lads who do would get annoyed because i think the russels would take it over white lakies eveytime or did you mean jus a class for white lakelands?

I have a white lakeland and I would like to start showing him as many of the judges said I should of entred him in the kent game fair however they knew he was a lakie but didnt say what class, excuse my ignoranse but why dont people enter white lakies in a lakie catergory.

Edited by fieldsportsman

The "white lakelands" are all Russell x lakelands in reality,the difference is the genuine white lakies came from certain lines only,a few pratts have emulated this by adding russell blood but they arent the same dogs at all,mostly done for profit and to cash in on the "folklore" aspect of things.

White bodied dogs were thought weak,and possibly the original originators of the Lakeland didnt want white dogs so culled,when the russell blood originally went in if an equal amount of white and coloured pups had been bred on the Lakeland as we know it would be a different colour possibly a different type all together.

Natters dog looks like the genuine article,those "Middleton lines" actually owe a lot to Sid Wilkinson and A.Barker lines,middleton wasnt in the same league and basically cashed in [no big secret]the last time any russell went into these when Sid had them was a very long time ago,as it was bred away from /culled out,you only get an occasional white pup,i threw 2 one a grandson of my original white dog[the bitch carried russell blood]and a direct son to a mainly border type bitch belonging to an uncle.

Call them what you like lads not really that bothered but be assured they arent the genuine article.

if thr from black and tan parents then -- what are they ?? middleton was`nt in the same league lets be right middletons been on top of the game and at the forefront of breeding show/working lakelands in this country for the best part of 35 years i`m no fan of his either ..

Stig Lakelands with russell added,not a bad idea at all,makes sense to me,but nothing to do with the original white lakies,its like saying the deerhound x great danes paraded round today as "Irish Wolfhounds" are the genuine article.

A good few lads round this way had/have the lines capable of producing the originals,ive seen a lot of terriers from these lines and bred from them,the whites dont appear that often,if you are regularly producing whites its because theres more russell in them,where do yours originate if you dont mind telling?

As for Middleton i dont have anything against him at all,i think he gets to much credit for the dogs he has,imo the hard work had already been done before he got them,and i doubt anything could be done to improve them.

Stig Lakelands with russell added,not a bad idea at all,makes sense to me,but nothing to do with the original white lakies,its like saying the deerhound x great danes paraded round today as "Irish Wolfhounds" are the genuine article.

A good few lads round this way had/have the lines capable of producing the originals,ive seen a lot of terriers from these lines and bred from them,the whites dont appear that often,if you are regularly producing whites its because theres more russell in them,where do yours originate if you dont mind telling?

As for Middleton i dont have anything against him at all,i think he gets to much credit for the dogs he has,imo the hard work had already been done before he got them,and i doubt anything could be done to improve them.

you can soon feck a line up if you dont know what your doin ... pm sent re minewink.gif

how many white boxers and German Sheppard's have

you seen its a gene thing, but true albino's are

very rare, there was white terriers in Devon and

Cornwall long before Wilkinson and barker started with

FELLS , again the breeding history of working terriers

is only as good as records kept the rest is hearsay,

Sid willkinson got his terriers off bowman,read

your books lads the truth is terriers have evolved from

terrier men experimenting worker to worker , but now

its for looks as-well who put the welsh pedigree across

his BnT FELL :whistling:

Edited by gonetoearth

ur absolutly bang on my friend, i did a bit of research myself few years ago snd keep on doing so thay can be traced ( WHITE LAKIES ) as far back as 1850, i also belive llrancombe badger digging club used whites in the 1920is cracking looking terrier,gonetoearth, wots the breeding

his BnT FELL whistling.gif

it was a working welsh terrier ..wink.gif even if if a gene thing gto if you keep mating the whites together to get whites what are they ??

his BnT FELL whistling.gif

it was a working welsh terrier ..wink.gif even if if a gene thing gto if you keep mating the whites together to get whites what are they ??

WHITE FELLS ;)