white lakelands

i`ve bred shown and worked white lakies for 30 yr i`ve put em in the lakies and the crossbred classes only to be told your in the wrong class mate - the russell owners moan if you beat em in the russell class - some shows have the class russell type and i`ve seen the odd one that has white bodied terriers - i said the same in another thread have a white lakeland class - and got ripped over it i`ve also had big debates over white lakies worth a look back over some of the threads - if thr from black and tan parents how can they be anything other than lakelands ? how can they be crossbreds ? i dont show anymore but over the years i`ve won 100s of shows with white lakies in russell classes ..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The question was:   White Lakelands, which class do thay belong in ?   Easy.....   They are a Cross Bred Terrier and that is the class they should be entered in.   If the Class says Rough/Brok

Posted Images

i`ve bred shown and worked white lakies for 30 yr i`ve put em in the lakies and the crossbred classes only to be told your in the wrong class mate - the russell owners moan if you beat em in the russell class - some shows have the class russell type and i`ve seen the odd one that has white bodied terriers - i said the same in another thread have a white lakeland class - and got ripped over it i`ve also had big debates over white lakies worth a look back over some of the threads - if thr from black and tan parents how can they be anything other than lakelands ? how can they be crossbreds ? i dont show anymore but over the years i`ve won 100s of shows with white lakies in russell classes ..

the last sentance says it all really,rarely will a russel beat a lakie in any show and havin white uns in the russle classes just makes it less likely for the russle,s . I got nothing against white lakies at all but most seem to be bred just for shows and its a slippery path to non working crufts dogs. work first,show for a bit of fun

the last sentance says it all really,rarely will a russel beat a lakie in any show and havin white uns in the russle classes just makes it less likely for the russle,s . I got nothing against white lakies at all but most seem to be bred just for shows and its a slippery path to non working crufts dogs. work first,show for a bit of fun

You cant intentionally breed true white lakelands,the dogs on this thread[with the exeption of natters maybe?] are russell x lakelands.

You cant intentionally breed true white lakelands,the dogs on this thread[with the exeption of natters maybe?] are russell x lakelands.

found summat actualy agree with you on cant believe it

found summat actualy agree with you on cant believe it

Think we might agree on a lot more than you realise.

yes you can -- a white dog from black and tans is a lakeland ? a white bitch from black and tans is a lakeland ? mate the 2 to throw whites and what are the progeny ? true white lakelands -- are they not ? otherwise what are they ? and dont give me crossbred terriers coz thats what they all are at the end of the day .. Edited by the_stig

yes you can -- a white dog from black and tans is a lakeland ? a white bitch from black and tans is a lakeland ? mate the 2 to throw whites and what are the progeny ? true white lakelands -- are they not ? otherwise what are they ? and dont give me crossbred terriers coz thats what they all are at the end of the day ..

spot on ,they are lakelands just white in colour

yes probably stig didnt read it through properly but shows do wind me up for example a lad with a white lakie or pat or lakie losing to an old bag with a russel that ive bin further down an earth than lol jus winds me up sorry for crashing thread atb

the father to natters bitch is out of ward,middleton,church lines and the mother is a black and tan cross bred bitch and you have seen on the pic what it has thrown out.she has a cracking strong head and shape to her but natter wont let me strip her out cos he likes them scruffy.

:thumbs:

i own a few white white lakies.i work them hard during winter mths and started to show them in the summer,the question im asking is why when i put them in the rough russel class i hear the comments ;there not russels;.fair comments i know the breeding in mine and yes they are from lakeland blood ,so surely why dont show organizers have a class for white lakelands because most of the rough russels that i see at shows look to me like thers lakeland blood in them cos there a stronger dog altogether,so why dont your so called russel men be honest and admit the true blood in there dogs lines????

Just have a class that puts them all under the one umbrella..."White terriers". :victory:

just dont bother showing them bud if your happy with them why feel the need to prance around a ring with them and im not trying to be a arse by saying that bottom line is you go to these terrier shows these days and 90% of these terriers are just lap dogs fanney lickers and most judges will pick these fanney lickers because your dogs have a few marks around there face and i think this is some think you,ll see for your self but be honest they all ways look a little bit better with a bit clarret around there chops atb chris :thumbs: