small dogs that made the grade!!!

Craigheff - get some recent pictures of the wee fella up. I liked the look of him.

dont have any recent ones at the moment mate il get some up some time soon..thank mate he is a nice little fella alright yes.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thanks for the replie wild rover ...mate i wont be looking for big bags, if i got 40 bunnys on the lamp a season id be happy!!(rabbits are very thin on the ground around here)...hopefully mine will

whippet x ariedale 19 tts...........took a while to get there.......but got there in the end  

This dog is a scruffy jedi! One of the smartest wee dogs i've seen.

Posted Images

Picture099.jpg

Shes getting there....

thats a fine animal fat ferret thumbs.gif ..was that bag caught on the lamp???fine big bag, looks like she is doing you proud toast.gif ...what height is she mate???

Shes 18" tts, The rabbits werent lamped unfortunately, that was her 2nd day ferreting.

Craigheff - get some recent pictures of the wee fella up. I liked the look of him.

dont have any recent ones at the moment mate il get some up some time soon..thank mate he is a nice little fella alright yes.gif

Yeah, does he still look like a wee stripey tiger?

Picture099.jpg

Shes getting there....

thats a fine animal fat ferret thumbs.gif ..was that bag caught on the lamp???fine big bag, looks like she is doing you proud toast.gif ...what height is she mate???

Shes 18" tts, The rabbits werent lamped unfortunately, that was her 2nd day ferreting.

lord she looks a lot bigger than my fella even though my lad is 17"tts...nice bitch al the same thumbs.gif

Yeah, does he still look like a wee stripey tiger?

yes mate looks much the same only a bit bigger smile.gif

Apologies in advance for being slightly off topic but I work my dogs like lurchers even though they're pure kelpies.

I find that I catch more with my kelpies than I ever did with my previous lurchers(though as I've said on her before it could just be because my lurchers were cr*p). :whistling:

Two of mine are about 19" and the youngest is just over 17" and she's shaping up to be the best allrounder of the three. I just wish she'd hurry up and realise (like her great, great uncle) that rats shouldn't be retrived live to hand. :doh:

no worries mate thumbs.gif ...its always good to hear about people like your self working pure breed dogs like kelpies victory.gif ...why do you work kelpies over a lurcher if you dont mind me asking??...are they quick or just use there brain for the rabbits???..live rats to hand-that would be nice alright clapper.gif

It would be too long a story for one post on a thread and I wouldn't want to go off topic on this great thread.

However, :whistling: to cut a long story very, very short: my last lurcher had a bit of kelpie in him and I was so pleased by his character and temperament that I bought a pure one over ten years ago and haven't looked back since. I have absolutely nothing against lurchers, far from it, but my character simply gets on better with my kelpies. If you're interested in finding out more about them, there's a very good 21 page thread about kelpie and cattle dog crosses which started last year.

Anyway, back to these excellent small lurchers...

heres mine, shes a saluki grey whippet grey. shes fully grown now at 22 n a half inches. shes doing well on the rabbits and a fast dog and strong. would be good on bigger things. cant wait to next season with her

That dog looks as if it should be 4 inches taller cos of its long back. Nice dog mate, hope you have success with it.

heres mine, shes a saluki grey whippet grey. shes fully grown now at 22 n a half inches. shes doing well on the rabbits and a fast dog and strong. would be good on bigger things. cant wait to next season with her

That dog looks as if it should be 4 inches taller cos of its long back. Nice dog mate, hope you have success with it.

cheers mate, a always measured her from the front legs up. but she has got a bigger back

atb poacherman

Some nice little dogs on here, this is one of my old dogs, 3/4 Whippet 1/4 Greyhound. He was very useful with the rabbits but also had 1 or 2 hares in his time, a very determined dog indeed.

This pic was taken when he was 5 after a very good morning coursing

post-209-127074042334_thumb.jpg

ye i like a nice dog with agood long back best colie type i had was long backed 25 and fast with it real powerful bitch who bred that dog mate looks afast little type of lurcher

a got her from a man in lochwinnoch. a never knew the breeder but he was a genuine man, a got her at 9 weeks. she done well in her training and is a very obegient dog now. shes done what ave asked for her this season. she will be giving the testers next season. got confidence in her tho, heres one when she was a pup, long back in this picture and one when shes older

post-43216-127074105977_thumb.jpg

post-43216-127074107942_thumb.jpg

post-43216-127074113237_thumb.jpg