small dogs that made the grade!!!

whippet x ariedale 19 tts...........took a while to get there.......but got there in the end

IMAG0606.jpg

my pup is very simular breeding to yours swamper...mine is a whippet x irish terrier which is simular to the airedale...how is he on rabbits??..is he good at ferreting and lamping??..dose he bush??..any info you could give would be great mate thumbs.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thanks for the replie wild rover ...mate i wont be looking for big bags, if i got 40 bunnys on the lamp a season id be happy!!(rabbits are very thin on the ground around here)...hopefully mine will

whippet x ariedale 19 tts...........took a while to get there.......but got there in the end  

This dog is a scruffy jedi! One of the smartest wee dogs i've seen.

Posted Images

hiya craigheff shes never been ferreting and have to much of a nose to be the ultimate lamper.............but!

working on the hills like i do shes the one........there is nowhere she cant get and bags of staminar............when shes on she will not give up...to the point that you can be there a couple of hour.........but she will get it.

does have a tendency to open up now and then but on the whole quite for the breeding .........will go off track a lot............and im quite used to watching her a good way off..........personaly i couldnt live without this dog at the moment......and would have another at the drop of a hat..........all in all good fun

IMAG0599-1.jpg

let me know how you get on with yours..

hiya craigheff shes never been ferreting and have to much of a nose to be the ultimate lamper.............but!

working on the hills like i do shes the one........there is nowhere she cant get and bags of staminar............when shes on she will not give up...to the point that you can be there a couple of hour.........but she will get it.

does have a tendency to open up now and then but on the whole quite for the breeding .........will go off track a lot............and im quite used to watching her a good way off..........personaly i couldnt live without this dog at the moment......and would have another at the drop of a hat..........all in all good fun

IMAG0599-1.jpg

let me know how you get on with yours..

she really is a lovely dog..mine will be mainly used for ferreting and lamping and general mooching around....will keep you updated when he starts to work as he is only 5 months yet...

cant wait until he is ready to work!!

atb craig

Mine, jrtxwhippet 21" tts

nice dog tyla victory.gif ...dose he bush tyla???..do he ever yap tyla due to the terrier in him???

He bushes, ferrets and lamps well enough for me and hes never opened up on quarry. He is, however, very vocal when hes excited or anxious. Its usually in the van on the way to hunting or when hes bored, it can be annoying but there are worse faults :thumbs:

Mine, jrtxwhippet 21" tts

nice dog tyla victory.gif ...dose he bush tyla???..do he ever yap tyla due to the terrier in him???

He bushes, ferrets and lamps well enough for me and hes never opened up on quarry. He is, however, very vocal when hes excited or anxious. Its usually in the van on the way to hunting or when hes bored, it can be annoying but there are worse faults thumbs.gif

its good to hear that he is doing you proud tyla thumbs.gif ...hes a tidy little dog!!!

Mine can catch rabbits well enough for his build and he'll tackle anything. He marked an earth for us yesterday and before I could get over the ditch he was in it :icon_eek: . 22". I'd love to try him somewhere infested with rabbits to see how many he'd take.

DSC03922.jpg

Mine can catch rabbits well enough for his build and he'll tackle anything. He marked an earth for us yesterday and before I could get over the ditch he was in it :icon_eek: . 22". I'd love to try him somewhere infested with rabbits to see how many he'd take.

DSC03922.jpg

heyy mate nice dog u have there whats the breeding ive got a dog that looks just like it but hes 26 tts,

cheers

any of you guys had small dogs that made the grade for hunting rabbit???..by small i mean around the 20" mark or even smaller, any one had a lurcher around 18" that made good rabbiting dogs???...the reason i am asking is that my dog is going to be quite small and i am just wondering what small dogs are like on rabbits???..my dog is 5 months and around 17" so you think he will make a decent rabbiting dog if entered properly???

let me know if you had a small lurcher...how small?..wat was the breed?

what do you think of small lurchers around 20"?

thanks for reading and hopefully you could give me some advice as it is my first lurcher and need all the advice i can get thumbs.gif

atb craig

I know a guy (dead now) Who used an Italian Greyhound to catch rabbits. This wee dog would jump a double barbed wire fence!!! Couldn't stand the rain in winter but for sheer determination and guts, got my vote. Size doesn't matter for rabbits mate, you'll catch rabbits with a terrior. Look how fast a rabbit runs with its little legs :D

• Like 1

any of you guys had small dogs that made the grade for hunting rabbit???..by small i mean around the 20" mark or even smaller, any one had a lurcher around 18" that made good rabbiting dogs???...the reason i am asking is that my dog is going to be quite small and i am just wondering what small dogs are like on rabbits???..my dog is 5 months and around 17" so you think he will make a decent rabbiting dog if entered properly???

let me know if you had a small lurcher...how small?..wat was the breed?

what do you think of small lurchers around 20"?

thanks for reading and hopefully you could give me some advice as it is my first lurcher and need all the advice i can get thumbs.gif

atb craig

I know a guy (dead now) Who used an Italian Greyhound to catch rabbits. This wee dog would jump a double barbed wire fence!!! Couldn't stand the rain in winter but for sheer determination and guts, got my vote. Size doesn't matter for rabbits mate, you'll catch rabbits with a terrior. Look how fast a rabbit runs with its little legs biggrin.gif

well il just try my best to enter him properly and give him a fair chance and with a bit of luck he will do fine smile.gif