This is the time of year that the deer and elk shed/molt their antlers in Arizona. Buyers pay $7 to $9 per pound for fresh shed's.

I saw a video about a Labrador Retriever trained to find antlers, so last year I started training my Jack Russel to find antlers. I started out with throwing a small antler for her to retrieve then we would hide anlters for her to find - allways rewarding her well for finding the hidden antlers. Last winter while on predator hunts she found antlers on two occasions - one was a size-able antler and it was humorous to see the small dog with large antler in her mouth.

Doe's anybody in the UK hunt the shed antlers with or without dogs?

The elk here have large antlers, way to big for my JRT to pick up... I would like to train her to bark when she finds antlers too big for retrieving - Any suggestions?

Thanks SGS:snack:

Can't help but would love to see a picture of a JRT with antlers in it's mouth! :clapper:

I must admit I have been sluggish on learnnig how to post pictures on here, when I first signed up I made a few efforts and have sort of given up. I know that you must have a site set up to down load the pics from and then type in the proper command sequence...... It never worked out. It's a shame - I would gladly post many of my field picture for all to view. Any help would be aprieciated.....

Thanks for the reply SGS8)

:thumbs:

Can't help but would love to see a picture of a JRT with antlers in it's mouth! :clapper:

I must admit I have been sluggish on learnnig how to post pictures on here, when I first signed up I made a few efforts and have sort of given up. I know that you must have a site set up to down load the pics from and then type in the proper command sequence...... It never worked out. It's a shame - I would gladly post many of my field picture for all to view. Any help would be aprieciated.....

Thanks for the reply SGS8)

open up a free account with "photobucket"

upload pictures from your computer

once your pictures are there, click on one of them, either directly underneath the picture, or to the lower left, you'll have four boxes/slots, with things like url, direct link etc, typed to the left, click on the bottom slot (direct link)

turn it blue (right click, copy all) then in your reply on here, simple right click and paste into your reply

sorted

OK here it is I learned how to post a pic and had a short training session with Duce so I could get you a picture.

http://i1021.photobu...er/HPIM1158.jpg

The antler is a shed she found this past winter - the squirrel's chew the antlers for calcium this shed had been laying for about 9 months when she found it.

Thanks SGS 8)