Terrier prices

if your researching now for a couple of years prices could go up or down .. plummer terriers could hit a grand in 2 years whistling.gif fireman not 20 yr ago the plummer whr all short legged same markings -- when and where did the leg come from ? .. wuyang are your jrs bitchs ? why not embark on a breeding program with a bit of research and thought you`ll get what your looking for and its a lot more fun than trying to buy a ready made ..thumbs.gif

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plummer terriers could hit a grand in 2 years

Just seems like an excuse to make money if you ask me, on a dog which is no better than the older established breeds.

There have been similar dogs to them for years.......

They were called Cross-Bred Terriers and they used to be given away for nought. Now they've suddenly become fancy-dans and people charge big bucks because they have a registry and so-called lines.

No thanks, I wouldn't pay Two Bob for one.

What i said mate is out of the ones i've seen bushing/mooching or ratting then the plummers have scented the quarry better than the russells and the plummers have seemed to pack together better.If thats a load of crap then please let us swop eyes as mine seem to lie to me :doh: .

Nothing wrong with this lot and they had no problem finding this vixen dozing in the rushes.

Perhaps you need to go out with some better Russell's next time..... :boogy:

post-38160-127039754477_thumb.jpg

post-38160-127039760977_thumb.jpg

Beats me how the self proclaimed superb ratting ,bushing dog needs to evolve at all .Progression stage ,only a plummer owner would come up with that shit especially if his her pups wernt fetching top dollar.The only progress you lads need is to forget the money and think about the work side of things .

seems everybody's dogs are better than everybody else's alway's been that way always will be over the years i've had an assortment of terriers for ferreting and cubbing back in the day nothing over £30 that i can remember and everyone was better than your dogs at everything(in my mind anyway) :tongue2: :tongue2: as for leg size for bushing depends on the heart of the dog i hunt beagles now and they push through anything a small legged terrier can (i think they have rhino in their lines somewhere)

in agreement with most of the lads on here get yerself a cheap terrier and YOU!! turn it into the perfect terrier you want. paying stupid money will never guarentee you anything.

your dead right there bud :thumbs:

Fox dropper i was taking the p*ss with the "progression stage" bit and as for selling plummer pups i never have made a penny out of the only litter i've bred and never will IF i ever breed her again and to answer another question yes there are a few plummers out there regularly working to ground and my bitch was bred from such dogs and she herself works to ground.Not saying or ever would any one type of terrier is better than another,duffers in all types all i'm saying is plummers take some beating at bushing/mooching as they in general very good noses,i'll also add my plummers are for ratting,mooching and ferreting with my russells are for digging with,horses for courses as they say :thumbs: .

Both my jacks are bitches and both are spayed, i'm not bothered about breeding, there's enough pups on the market as it is......except cheap plummers. I think i would take on a rescue or free to good home next time. End of the day i just rabbit with my terriers and its not exactly hard to teach one to bush. I was just considering a plummer due to mostly using them for ratting/rabbits.

I'm still wondering why long legged is better for bushing....anybody?, and what height to the shoulder do you class as long legged?

Wuyang

What i said mate is out of the ones i've seen bushing/mooching or ratting then the plummers have scented the quarry better than the russells and the plummers have seemed to pack together better.If thats a load of crap then please let us swop eyes as mine seem to lie to me doh.gif .

Nothing wrong with this lot and they had no problem finding this vixen dozing in the rushes.

Perhaps you need to go out with some better Russell's next time..... boogy.gif

I love the dogs blackbuckone,there is no difference between both in working ability,I've kept both for 35yrs and had good and bad in both breeds,a cross between the two is very good,as for plummer's being a pack dog fireman I've kept a lot down the years and most are possessive over what they catch,I have a 7yr old dog now that has to work on his own with my lurcher's because of the fighting,he would if left fight to the death,he is only 12inch and 13pounds in wieght but is as hard as any patterdale I've owned,a lot of plummer owner's seem to have this problem,all good dogs regardless of the type always have a good nose,they also need plenty of work to get the best out of them,the only difference is the cost of a pup,atb,wirralman

all good dogs regardless of the type always have a good nose,they also need plenty of work to get the best out of them,the only difference is the cost of a pup,atb,wirralman

Couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the comments on the dogs, I used to really enjoy taking the terriers out in a pack like the above pics, it was great fun to see them all working together. I should add it was a few years ago now though when it was legal to do such things.

I never push mine into anything and let them work at their own pace as they mature. I encourage them of course but once they start to work it will all come naturally if they are going to do it for you. As you say, the more they do the better they get, as with anything.

However, some don't though, not every dog has earthwork in them even if they cost you top bucks and come from the best working stock.

As a responsible owner it is up to you to know your dogs limits and what it is capable of, or not.

Cheers

Edited by BlackBuckOne

Hi all.......... I currently own two JRT which i use for bushing when rabbiting, i think they cost me about £150 each. In a few years to come i may be looking to add another to my team. I was thinking along the lines of a plummer terrier...like i say just for hunting rabbits. I don't want a terrier thats rock hard and going to ground at every opportunity.I have had a brief look on the net and all the sites seem to keep stuck about their prices, so i was wondering whats the going price at the moment for a plummer bitch? And what height do they generally level to because some i have seen look quite leggy?

Thanks, wuyang