Bristol channel

Just wonderin if anyone knows how the welsh side of the channel is fishing from the shore.I used to fish Redwick a few years ago at this time of year,usually plenty of codling about,but i know its been pretty quiet the last few years.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Haf,lets hope it is a good sign mate.I used to fish both sides of the channel untill 4or5 years ago.Was always fairly consistent for whiting and codling,the last time i fished at ladye bay,it was all pouting! not a cod or whiting to be seen.

• 2 weeks later...
i want to try sea fishing, but no one round hear does any :cry: enyone one near me into fishing by any chance??? :victory:

Some good fishing to be had in the Mersey mate,load's of whiting and codling usually at this time of year.Comfy fishing as well,must be some one on here from up your neck of the wood's,failing that,go take a look and ask some of the lad's there,i'm sure someone will help you out mate.atb,Bill

Guest Eamon.Mc

Overnunder the best tool for sea fishing is local knoledge, material tools can be got cheap but knowledge especialy local knowledge is priceless. Buy a copy of sea angler you get reigonalised fishing reports in it for both shore and boat.Hope this helps. ;)

went yesterday for the cod at goldcliff what a waste of time all i had was 3 bites my mate caught a very very small whiteing and everyone else were the same made me laugh they said in the fishing shop there were cod being caught everywhere :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::hmm::hmm:

went yesterday for the cod at goldcliff what a waste of time all i had was 3 bites my mate caught a very very small whiteing and everyone else were the same made me laugh they said in the fishing shop there were cod being caught everywhere :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::hmm::hmm:

Its the same here vincy the column in the local paper says every now and then, fish everywhere you go and catch nothing.Ive seen it say loads of cod caught on one of the local piers on a sat night and theres only been me on there on that night catching only whitings.Its a good boost in bait and tackle sales though for the local shops :hmm: .

got to agree to some extent about fish reports,the first cod appears and the tackle shops stock the bait in readiness for the angling onslaught on what must be one of the most sort after fish in british waters,now the tackle shop as large amounts of rag and lug ready,that needs selling :hmm::hmm: reports of cod caught at a certain mark the night before helps shift it :hmm: