NEW SHED

Guest AngelicAcid

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a decent tongue and groove shed< not the value range, thats not too bad.

For a shiplap you can pay 250 plus some places.

If your happy with it mate thats all that matters, sometimes as your say it is the circumstances that dictate what you have to do :thumbs:

edited to say I hope its big enough for me to sleep in when I come up to Northumberland as I love holidaying your area :clapper::clapper:

Edited by harrycatcat

whatever shed you get, preparation is the key to how long it lasts, even if its pre treated, Id suggest getting some good old fashion cresote, failing that some old engine oil, and paint the underside of floor/base, also if possible, site it raised off the ground, a good flow of air under it, will keep the floor from rotting away, also means better access for ferrets when the mice start nesting under it, which they will do

Ive just moved last Friday, and am looking for a New Shed.

I will be getting it out of Great Universal Catalogue.

There are a few different types, So really need to know what will be the best to get.

It will be used for storage, but will need to be Secure.

The types are:-

Apex ShipLap.

Groundsman(Tongue and Groove Shiplap Cladding.)

And Apex Overlap.

The reviews on their website are very Few, and not very helpful at all.

I will put the links up soon.

look on ebay for a second hand metal shed..... you can even get wood look a like ones!

whatever shed you get, preparation is the key to how long it lasts, even if its pre treated, Id suggest getting some good old fashion cresote, failing that some old engine oil, and paint the underside of floor/base, also if possible, site it raised off the ground, a good flow of air under it, will keep the floor from rotting away, also means better access for ferrets when the mice start nesting under it, which they will do

50% old engine oil 50% creosote last a life time :thumbs:

Edited by harrycatcat
Guest AngelicAcid

Ive got a large bottle of Old type creosote.

Exactly how and where should I treat?

It will be raised off the floor, what will be the best way/preperation to do this?

Was thinking dig the turf up, flatten, then sand, then plactic sheeeting and paving stones on each corner and the middle, as to let the air get under.

It will be raised off the floor, what will be the best way/preperation to do this?

Was thinking dig the turf up, flatten, then sand, then plactic sheeeting and paving stones on each corner and the middle, as to let the air get under.

We put our sheds on top of old railway sleepers keeps em well up off the ground and they last a lifetime

thats an april fools question, right :hmm:

turn base over, before fixing together, hold paintbrush in one hand, and after dipping in cresote, wiggly hand up and down :D

railway sleepers are ideal :thumbs:

Leave a space for me untreated in the corner for when I visit 6ft x 3ft please. :clapper::clapper:

edited to say on a serious note I don't think I would put creosote/engine oil on a shed with children cos if they get it on their skin it could burn them and if they get it on their clothes you will be in big bother. :boxing:

I did it on the chicken coop ( supposed to stop red mite )but there is no children about where it is.

Edited by harrycatcat