Flies for Pike

I have used this method for years and had some nice pike, biggest been 30lb 4 oz caught on a home tied fly on a smallish lake in Cavan, I tied the fly that evening and we headed to the lake and with in an hour my mate had this super fish.

Anyway anyone tie thier on flies, I tied these ones this morning, pissing rain here and cant get out.

Gis a good name for these flies and I will send them on to you. :thumbs:

post-3848-126995643708_thumb.jpg

post-3848-126995645509_thumb.jpg

post-3848-126995647177_thumb.jpg

post-3848-126995648651.jpg

I have used this method for years and had some nice pike, biggest been 30lb 4 oz caught on a home tied fly on a smallish lake in Cavan, I tied the fly that evening and we headed to the lake and with in an hour my mate had this super fish.

Anyway anyone tie thier on flies, I tied these ones this morning, pissing rain here and cant get out.

Gis a good name for these flies and I will send them on to you. thumbs.gif

nice flies there mate,i used to tie my own trout flies a few years back when i was living in scotland,havn't done much fly fishing since i moved here 12 yrs ago, great pastime,nothing better than out-witting a fish on your homemade fly,even better when it's your own pattern.atb thumbs.gif

Nice flies IL, I done quite a bit of fly fishing for pike last winter and loved it, sure makes a change from fly fishing for trout, the biggest I caught was 21lb 10 oz, never tied any of my own pike flies but I tie all my own trout flies. The best names I can think of for your flies are:

For the one in the vice on the first pic: FATAL ATTRACTION

For the other one: RED TAILED DECIEVER

thumbs.gif

Edited by paddy polecat

Nice flies IL, I done quite a bit of fly fishing for pike last winter and loved it, sure makes a change from fly fishing for trout, the biggest I caught was 21lb 10 oz, never tied any of my own pike flies but I tie all my own trout flies. The best names I can think of for your flies are:

thumbs.gif

I bet you can remember the first take on the fly, I remember well my first take, almost send me out of the boat with fright, the fly was on the surface and I was just about to roll it back out when a fine 9lb pike engulfed it, dont know why more anglers dont fly fish for pike, great names for the flies. :thumbs:

thumbs.gif

PM ur address and I will send them on. :thumbs: