ADVICE

WHEN I FIRST GOT MY FERRIT. LADS SAID KEEP THE FOOD IN ALL THE TIME BUT SHES GETTIN FAT NOW HOW MUTCH SHALL I FEED HER :thumbs:

The amount needed varies acording to many factors, exersize, temprature,type of food ect, it's trial and error mate.

SHES IN A HOUSE A T THE MINIT AM BULD :thumbs: IN A HUTCH FOR HER NOW IT WILL BE DONE SOON I FEED HER ON PET MINSE FROM THE BUTCHERS AND EGG CHICKIN AND DRY FOOD SHE OUT FOR A BOUT 3 HOURS A DAY

SHES IN A HOUSE A T THE MINIT AM BULD :thumbs: IN A HUTCH FOR HER NOW IT WILL BE DONE SOON I FEED HER ON PET MINSE FROM THE BUTCHERS AND EGG CHICKIN AND DRY FOOD SHE OUT FOR A BOUT 3 HOURS A DAY

Basically you give a set amount, keep your eye on it , if it gets fat you reduce that amount and visa verser.

They do usually loose weight during a season. But as has been said already, they will also eat more depending on the external temperature, and also how active they are.

I would reduce the amount she has to eat slightly. It sounds like you could cut out the dry food if you are giving her everything else you mention.

When i feed mine on fresh, they get the equivalent of one chicken wing a day or a rabbit leg. If they are on dry, they get one small handful of dry per day each, which is left in till they finish it all.

pet mince, maybe a cupfull, once a day, thats it, feeding her that amount, she wont starve to death, if your using her (ferreting) then feed her rabbit instead, maybe 1 hind leg, now were coming into summer, feed her after dark, keeps the flies at bay, if theres food left in the morning, then your feeding to much and can reduce portions slightly, dont forget to look for hidden food, and remove it before it gets flies, keep the egg to once a week, instead of a meat meal

an egg cup of dry can be left in the cage, but it you leave to much dry in there, she'll gorge on it and get very fat

If she's leaving food your feeding to much otherwise unless she's really fat why worry after the seasons over i like mine to have a lazy summer put on a wee bit of wieght and get some sun on there backs

If she's leaving food your feeding to much otherwise unless she's really fat why worry after the seasons over i like mine to have a lazy summer put on a wee bit of wieght and get some sun on there backs

not too much though, or it'll end up like this.....

post-5267-126994841093_thumb.jpg