Newbie here and to ferreting

get ye self one or two of these bought too, they are cheap as chips and come well in handy for these times ... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAT-CAGE-TRAP-LIVE-ANIMAL-CATCHER-HUMANE-INDOOR-OUTDOOR_W0QQitemZ230453892695QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Weed_Pest_Control_CV?hash=item35a81f5657 .... just make sure u keep going back and lookng for this poor guy ...

atb danny

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good yin guys, wee guy admitted he fecked up an allyees can do is gee him grief :icon_eek:

sid where ye from mate????

Thanks for the advice guys,,,i'm from north east england,Dottydoo

well sid i have wrapped up for the season now,but get your new ferret used to as much as possible

an try an save for a locator before sept, read as much as possible an if ye want ill take ye out come september :thumbs:

:thumbs: good man u are :thumbs:

Its probably to late now but you could have blocked all the burrows ,placed your carring box in the one you entered your ferret down and sealed that as well ,Then checked them daily with a paunched rabbit tethered down a hole and see if your ferret came out . Or failing that you could get somebody to run a ferret with a collar threw the burrows ,Before you get another ferret mate try to get out with somebody local to you and see how its done

Can someone please explain this to me? Im not particuarly new to this site even though i havnet made many posts i have read alot of topics on this forum, and the general thing is if someone trys to get involved in the sport we all enjoy so much and makes a mistake, so many people (not all) decide the best thing to do is give the person grief, dont you think that in a sport which has so much opposition and haters we should all stick together and HELP eachother out as opposed to give them grief and make new people to the sport think we are as bad as all oppostions say we are?

ATB Little_branch.

forget the ferret buy a locater

i sat waiting for my ferret until 9oclock in the evening before now

would NEVER leave a ferret on a set

ferret for life not for fun

well said mate :clapper::clapper::clapper:

little branch your a tit. dont get a new ferret. because of your stupidity a ferret is lost. i agree with everyone else rspca should be called if you get another.

little branch your a tit. dont get a new ferret. because of your stupidity a ferret is lost. i agree with everyone else rspca should be called if you get another.

spot on :thumbs:

Thanks for the advice guys,,,i'm from north east england,Dottydoo

Hi sid, whereabouts in NE, let me Know and we can have a bit craic, if you are brand new to this ferretting game i am willing to take you out with me on my permission or come to yours,(not the best time of year at the minute though) i am no expert but have been ferretting for a good few years and maybe could point you in the right direction and give a bit advice too (if you want it).

PS it is still worth going back to search for your ferret, as said above, leave ferret box at one of the holes where you lost it, it's the least you can do.

now sid if i were you i would take up that mans offer and get a bit of advice and experience.thumbs.gif

im with that man on this one too ...

Hey sid have u been back and had a goosy around the place yet or had any word or luck of any kind???

do u think u might of learnd anything anywhere?

hope the poor guys alright!!!

atb Danny

Pitman! It was sidtheferret that lost the ferret not little branch! So apologise to little branch, now go on apologise!! :doh:

Ok guys new here,just thought i'd say hi,completely new to the ferreting game,i've been out today and last sunday without any success today was the worst day for my 2 times out i lost my ferret and couldn't get it back we tried for a while to get it back,luckily i've just sorted a polecat out for pick up tomorrow so will be training that up and working it,Maybes i have jumped in and ran before i could walk so to speak? Any tips on what you should do before venturing into the ferreting game,is it a case of a waiting game to get up to scratch with working ferrets?

has the ferret been found sid? :hmm: some good advice been given on this thread & some good offers for a trip out,dont think the same mistake will be made again. :thumbs:

Pitman! It was sidtheferret that lost the ferret not little branch! So apologise to little branch, now go on apologise!! :doh:

little branch I deeply apologise for my mistake!

Sid the ferret you are a tit!!!!

get out with someone who knows about ferreting first mate learn the basics,and ignore the arragant wankers who must have been born with there knowledge as they were never begginers.any one can sit on a computer and become a hero

what a compleat ass,where u live cos il send the rspca round right now to take the others off of u, u terd, how can u leave a man behind hes part of ur life even if it is a short time. go find him right now and if u dont then dont bother getting anouther one u dont deserve any!!!

ur right he shouldnt have left it, but f**k me ! the R.S.P.C.A ???? bunch of anti scum that want to put a complete ban on any kind of hunting???!!! well done mate, you crack on and give em more ammo :thumbdown: