Literally Unbelievable

Ok, I challenge anyone to produce a pic of a european buzzard flying with an adult european rabbit. Put up or shut up.

here you go :thumbs:

20080728_dc1_20080713_0923_00920buz.jpg

That looks like a redtail carrying a cottontail to me.

well the pic was taken near the m1,so maybe just maybe your wrong :whistling:

Well I still ain't convinced that's a 2-3lb bird carrying a 3-4lb rabbit, looking closer, it looks more like a leveret, and you can't know whether its carrion and been half eaten. What ever it is you cant tell me that its heavier than that bird,which an adult rabbit would be.

Right has anyone got a video for romany52 now..? Also the video must be accompanied by a vets certificate explaining that the rabbit was fully fit at the time of the catch. Some folk just dont like to be wrong eh? :thumbs:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was always going to happen.   Where i live the boom in raptor population has more to do with the lazy local shoots who lay down thousands of ducks, pheasant and partridges on land that is too s

Birds of prey cause alot of damage to certain land uses, and they are on the increase - massively. Its something that has to be put up with im afraid   And to be fair the pup was probably off pet

Posted Images

On a cold day out predator calling I laid down in the mid-day sun and had a nap. I was awakened by the sound of flapping wing's - there was several buzzards circling very low so I remained motionless and and allowed two of them to land as they hopped closer to take a peck at me I grabbed one by the legs and it pecked at my gloved hand and ripped a hole in my jacket arm. I let go and it flew off they are tough basterds..... I remember how strong the lift was when it was flapping to escape - powerful birds.

:cry:

I think the birds that Americans call buzzards are the ones we in Europe call vultures, which are much heavier. Our buzzards are like a scaled down version of your Redtail......but with smaller talons, less attitude.

Ive flown both redtails and harris hawks at rabbits and never had one take off with an adult rabbit aboard. And both these birds are way stronger than a buzzard.

im nearly in tears reading this,cant believe its happened AGAIN to someone else how UNLUCKY is this,had a terrier years ago lifted right in front of me,could not believe it,managed to throw a stone at the bird and it dropped my terrier from about 10meters,proper lucky,the terrier landed on a hare and killed it out-right,proper lucky,when i picked the hare up there was a 5 pound note underneath it,proper lucky,thought id celebrate down the pub for a quick pint,handed over the fiver and got change of a twenty,proper lucky.

just because your terrier gets picked up by a b.o.p.dont mean lady lucks not on your side :whistling:

sounda about as likely as the original story :clapper::notworthy::notworthy:

On a cold day out predator calling I laid down in the mid-day sun and had a nap. I was awakened by the sound of flapping wing's - there was several buzzards circling very low so I remained motionless and and allowed two of them to land as they hopped closer to take a peck at me I grabbed one by the legs and it pecked at my gloved hand and ripped a hole in my jacket arm. I let go and it flew off they are tough basterds..... I remember how strong the lift was when it was flapping to escape - powerful birds.

:cry:

I think the birds that Americans call buzzards are the ones we in Europe call vultures, which are much heavier. Our buzzards are like a scaled down version of your Redtail......but with smaller talons, less attitude.

Ive flown both redtails and harris hawks at rabbits and never had one take off with an adult rabbit aboard. And both these birds are way stronger than a buzzard.

:clapper::clapper:

Ok, I challenge anyone to produce a pic of a european buzzard flying with an adult european rabbit. Put up or shut up.

here you go :thumbs:

20080728_dc1_20080713_0923_00920buz.jpg

That looks like a redtail carrying a cottontail to me.

well the pic was taken near the m1,so maybe just maybe your wrong :whistling:

Well I still ain't convinced that's a 2-3lb bird carrying a 3-4lb rabbit, looking closer, it looks more like a leveret, and you can't know whether its carrion and been half eaten. What ever it is you cant tell me that its heavier than that bird,which an adult rabbit would be.

Right has anyone got a video for romany52 now..? Also the video must be accompanied by a vets certificate explaining that the rabbit was fully fit at the time of the catch. Some folk just dont like to be wrong eh? :thumbs:

It ain't that I don't like being wrong, I've been flying birds for 20yrs and I,ve flown Harris Hawks of 2lb 6oz hunting weight, and none of them can fly off with an adult rabbit, I've seen em try, they can't get of the ground. Loads of Buzzards round me , come across a few on dead rabbits in my time, how come they all fecked off without the rabbit then ? If i'm wrong i'm wrong but it takes more than one iffy pic.

Fuuck me...is this thread still going?

:laugh: FTB

Bound to !

when you get ejits who can't accept someone elses point of view.

I've seen a buzzard fly with a hare. End of. If he don't believe it (Romany)then he the lesser for it and shall remain ignorant.

How the Fek can he tell its a leveret from that pic? Jeez he's in the wrong game. He should be analysing satelite photos for the CIA.........or maybe he does and THAT explains the fek ups the yanks have at targeting innocent civilians.

Sorry Digressing NinW

Bound to !

I've seen a buzzard fly with a hare. End of. If he don't believe it (Romany)then he the lesser for it and shall remain ignorant.

How the Fek can he tell its a leveret from that pic? Jeez he's in the wrong game. He should be analysing satelite photos for the CIA.........or maybe he does and THAT explains the fek ups the yanks have at targeting innocent civilians.

Sorry Digressing NinW

What ever mate, I've read that a red kite can't carry anything more than a sub adult rabbit, do I belive them or you ? I can't believe i'm the only one to see that the scale of the rat and buzzard is roughly the same as the rabbit and buzzard. Ffs look at the head on the buzzard, a buzzards head is no more than 2" deep, that makes the length of the rabbit minus head about 8". Come on someone else must be able to see that. :wallbash::D

Bound to !

Sorry Digressing NinW

What ever mate, I've read that a red kite can't carry anything more than a sub adult rabbit, do I belive them or you ? I can't believe i'm the only one to see that the scale of the rat and buzzard is roughly the same as the rabbit and buzzard. Ffs look at the head on the buzzard, a buzzards head is no more than 2" deep, that makes the length of the rabbit minus head about 8". Come on someone else must be able to see that. :wallbash::D

I don't really care what you believe. I know what I saw and I have the pic to prove it(Still on my comp at home). My lad took the pic so I have a witness too.I have discussed this with a mate of mine who works the farms around here. He has also seen Kite taking rabbits when he's been combining. Why would he lie? Why would I lie? Just to prove one person wrong?

Don't believe everyting you read (even on this site) Get out there and see it! Maybe thats the reason? Too many armchair hunters living the life through magazines, books and DVD.

Rgds

Swampy

An open mind is a doorway to enlightenment Ning

Bound to !

Sorry Digressing NinW

I don't really care what you believe. I know what I saw and I have the pic to prove it(Still on my comp at home). My lad took the pic so I have a witness too.I have discussed this with a mate of mine who works the farms around here. He has also seen Kite taking rabbits when he's been combining. Why would he lie? Why would I lie? Just to prove one person wrong?

Don't believe everyting you read (even on this site) Get out there and see it! Maybe thats the reason? Too many armchair hunters living the life through magazines, books and DVD.

Rgds

Swampy

Bollocks, you don't know me,I don't work, I'm out daily through out the season for at least 4hrs a day, I don't buy a fecking magazine or watch dvd's and I ain't got money to waste on books, so your wrong on all counts. I don't believe everything I read on this site hence my dought. And I'm open minded enough to know you can't believe what you see in a pic these days. In this digital age pics proove nothing ning ;)

Bound to !

Sorry Digressing NinW

Rgds

Swampy

Bollocks, you don't know me,I don't work, I'm out daily through out the season for at least 4hrs a day, I don't buy a fecking magazine or watch dvd's and I ain't got money to waste on books, so your wrong on all counts. I don't believe everything I read on this site hence my dought. And I'm open minded enough to know you can't believe what you see in a pic these days. In this digital age pics proove nothing ning ;)

That strikes me as being very open minded!

Its quite obvious to me that you are the font of all knowledge and that your opinion is fact.

It was YOU that said you'd "read that a kite................"

I said "maybe".

I will go home to my lad tonight and tell him that what we saw and took a photograph of was a hallucination!

And that in future if anyone tells him he's talking bollox he should accept it as fact. On the other hand I think I'll tell him that there are some really belligerant ejits in the world and that we were very lucky folk to see what we had and that as a result we know more than they.

I certainly wont be telling my mate on the combine he was talking bollox........He's considerably larger than I and his integrity as a person is unquestionable for which he takes great pains to defend.

Still You know best eh?

Swampy

knowing ning

Bound to !

Sorry Digressing NinW

Rgds

Swampy

That strikes me as being very open minded!

Its quite obvious to me that you are the font of all knowledge and that your opinion is fact.

It was YOU that said you'd "read that a kite................"

I said "maybe".

I will go home to my lad tonight and tell him that what we saw and took a photograph of was a hallucination!

And that in future if anyone tells him he's talking bollox he should accept it as fact. On the other hand I think I'll tell him that there are some really belligerant ejits in the world and that we were very lucky folk to see what we had and that as a result we know more than they.

I certainly wont be telling my mate on the combine he was talking bollox........He's considerably larger than I and his integrity as a person is unquestionable for which he takes great pains to defend.

Still You know best eh?

Swampy

knowing ning

Look I didn't call you a liar, I just don't change my view based on one iffy pic, and the bollocks was to you 'saying I don't get out. I don't mind being wrong, if I am I want to know , I've been seaching the net to this end . All I've found was the bit about the kite, that on it's own I won't take as gospel and a vid of a buzzard that could not get off the ground with a rabbit, which I did't see as proof as the buzzard did'nt seem to fly that well when it left the rabbit, thats how fare minded I am, so I fail to see how you can say I'm not open minded.I new an old man who'd seen the devel!

till I get more proofe I don't believe him either. Because I don't believe someone doesn't mean they're liar, just means I need more proof. Do you believe everything your told.