Literally Unbelievable

On a cold day out predator calling I laid down in the mid-day sun and had a nap. I was awakened by the sound of flapping wing's - there was several buzzards circling very low so I remained motionless and and allowed two of them to land as they hopped closer to take a peck at me I grabbed one by the legs and it pecked at my gloved hand and ripped a hole in my jacket arm. I let go and it flew off they are tough basterds..... I remember how strong the lift was when it was flapping to escape - powerful birds.

:cry:

Yeah OK mate lol :whistling:

Surely you would of pulled out your Rocket launcher and blew it out of the sky if that really did happen.

I wasn't going to bite AFT...............but since you have.

His idea of a rocket launcher may be somewhat different from ours. If you know what i mean?

I'm sure however that when he was in that situation he would have had a choice of any number of weapons that he would of being carrying that day because "It is his right to carry them". Anything from a saturday night special a Dirty Harry 45, a pearl handled Patton or his peacemaker (again the irony is lost on them. I suspect he'd have "sniped" it with his sawn off shotgun injuring numerous other humans in a "friendly fire" incident which will then be brushed under the carpet.

But apparently he's a free man and he has the RIGHT to do that!

rgds

swampy

armed to the teeth and free to do as I please ning

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was always going to happen.   Where i live the boom in raptor population has more to do with the lazy local shoots who lay down thousands of ducks, pheasant and partridges on land that is too s

Birds of prey cause alot of damage to certain land uses, and they are on the increase - massively. Its something that has to be put up with im afraid   And to be fair the pup was probably off pet

Posted Images

"My heart bleeds for those poor shoots, dont take the piss."

Well you could have worded it better ED, sorry for misreading your post but to the average Joe Bloggs it did seem as if you were against it, which is still fair enough as you are entitled to an opinion as much as everyone else.

FTB

On a cold day out predator calling I laid down in the mid-day sun and had a nap. I was awakened by the sound of flapping wing's - there was several buzzards circling very low so I remained motionless and and allowed two of them to land as they hopped closer to take a peck at me I grabbed one by the legs and it pecked at my gloved hand and ripped a hole in my jacket arm. I let go and it flew off they are tough basterds..... I remember how strong the lift was when it was flapping to escape - powerful birds.

:cry:

Yeah OK mate lol :whistling:

Surely you would of pulled out your Rocket launcher and blew it out of the sky if that really did happen.

I wasn't going to bite AFT...............but since you have.

His idea of a rocket launcher may be somewhat different from ours. If you know what i mean?

I'm sure however that when he was in that situation he would have had a choice of any number of weapons that he would of being carrying that day because "It is his right to carry them". Anything from a saturday night special a Dirty Harry 45, a pearl handled Patton or his peacemaker (again the irony is lost on them. I suspect he'd have "sniped" it with his sawn off shotgun injuring numerous other humans in a "friendly fire" incident which will then be brushed under the carpet.

But apparently he's a free man and he has the RIGHT to do that!

rgds

swampy

armed to the teeth and free to do as I please ning

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Friendly fire LOL they love a bit of Friendly fire don't they hehehe.

Read my f*cking lips, I am not against you shooting birds of prey.

Got it yet?

What I am against is people on here who have nothing at all to do with shoots who will shoot them for a laugh or because they snatch puppy’s, not protecting their birds.

What this report shows is that they kill more than foxes, and also habitat where birds are released also has a lot to do with young bird’s survival rates.

I see the shooting world as a mixture of people, not against it at all; true I think there are quite a few shooters who are complete twats, not many of which would frequent this board. As for being an expert, far, far from it, just trying to put my thoughts across. Obviously this makes me an anti. Feck me.

I'd say that's a fare comment.

Got it yet?

What I am against is people on here who have nothing at all to do with shoots who will shoot them for a laugh or because they snatch puppys, not protecting their birds.

What this report shows is that they kill more than foxes, and also habitat where birds are released also has a lot to do with young birds survival rates.

I see the shooting world as a mixture of people, not against it at all; true I think there are quite a few shooters who are complete twats, not many of which would frequent this board. As for being an expert, far, far from it, just trying to put my thoughts across. Obviously this makes me an anti. Feck me.

I'd say that's a fare comment.

Also agreed fair comment, But i still think hes a prick :thumbs:

Edited by klashnekoff

Got it yet?

What I am against is people on here who have nothing at all to do with shoots who will shoot them for a laugh or because they snatch puppy’s, not protecting their birds.

What this report shows is that they kill more than foxes, and also habitat where birds are released also has a lot to do with young bird’s survival rates.

Looks to me that you are talking about the eagles there where i am more on about the buzzard. It just boils my blood mate when i hear these statements about the damage they do being over exaggerated when i know from experience that it is not.

Fair doo's you might not be an anti but please dont always believe every 1 sided story that you read in our papers, get yourself out there and see the damage for yourself. :thumbs:

Just been doing some research. The most powerful bird known is the female Harpy Eagle. They can lift their own weight, 9kg/20lbs. So yup, they could take a Staffie. JRT would be an appetiser.

Ric

I've never heard the keepers round here complain about the buzzards which are getting more common round here, tawny's and spars are the ones for doing poults though.

Owl kills out of curiosity, sparrowhawk will only kill up to a certain age but the buzzard will kill and continue to kill even fully grown pheasants. I'm very surprised the keepers are not having any trouble with them since you say they are getting more common in your area?.

Just been doing some research. The most powerful bird known is the female Harpy Eagle. They can lift their own weight, 9kg/20lbs. So yup, they could take a Staffie. JRT would be an appetiser.

Ric

Ric you philistine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,its a horses douvet Not an appetiser......Kah everyone knows an appetiser is a fizzy pop drink for monkeys! DUH!

Swampy

Ahlcopops need tax too ning

Edited by Swampy