Literally Unbelievable

This was always going to happen.

Where i live the boom in raptor population has more to do with the lazy local shoots who lay down thousands of ducks, pheasant and partridges on land that is too small with insufficent cover and then piss and moan when a small percentage are nabbed. More are killed on the bloody roads than are eaten by birds of prey.

You can also see it coming, shoot on site you say? im sure the lads on the falconry section of the site will be really happy with you blasting their pride and joy out of the air! Nice.

Ha ha delusion at the highest level :wallbash:

A "small" percentage killed by buzzards you say, dont make me laugh. Maybe you would be happy to but your hand in your pocket and pay for the birds that are killed by them? After all it surely wont be much in these small percentages you talk about :doh:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was always going to happen.   Where i live the boom in raptor population has more to do with the lazy local shoots who lay down thousands of ducks, pheasant and partridges on land that is too s

Birds of prey cause alot of damage to certain land uses, and they are on the increase - massively. Its something that has to be put up with im afraid   And to be fair the pup was probably off pet

Posted Images

Don't want to upset folk about this one. I'm not a farmer or a keeper of poults etc but I do think that these birds are magnificent creatures that have every right to be here and do what they do naturally. This place would be the lesser for not having them. Where I'm from we have Red kites. I have been told that they only eat carrion, however, I've seen them take a hare and have the pic to prove it which I'll dig out and post for those who wish to see it. So a puppy got nicked by a buzzard? Very sad for the owner, yes, but it is just one of those things. I for one would hate to see the culling of birds such as these Sea Eagles, Golden Eagles etc If the price is a few lambs and small dogs here and there so be it. Didn't shepherds used to have dogs to protect their flocks against this sort of thing?

sorry if I've offended folk or my opinion is a bit naive.its a slow day at work and just wanted to spend tuppence.

rgds

swampy

Ninging in an old fashioned stylee

Birds of prey cause alot of damage to certain land uses, and they are on the increase - massively.

Its something that has to be put up with im afraid :whistling:

And to be fair the pup was probably off pet strain and no bigger than a rolled up sock.

FTB

• Like 1

My heart bleeds for those poor shoots, dont take the piss.

You lay that many birds down and you will lose a lot to raptors, next you will ask the hundreds of drivers who smash into stray birds on my local roads to pay for them!

Shoots may be a little different your way mate but here they are playthings for the extremely rich so common sense may not be involved.

Have a read:

Some stats from a study.

Post all the journals and scientific papers you want, it means nothing. I havent even read it and i know the jist - someone paid by a governmnent organisation tries to claim birds of prey cause no damage. Well i have seen it with my own eyes, i dont need to read some biased report.

I am not saying they should be eradicated, that would be stupid and the countryside would be far poorer without them, but tere should be measures to make problem raptors easier to controll.

I take it your a keen falconer ED?

FTB

Ni not at all, what i am saying is that it doesnt give every slack jawed twat the right to go round shooting them on site, population control is the key, as it is to all animals considered pests by some and beautiful wild animals by others.

Nice ignorance attitude that mate, didnt read it, didnt want to possibly find anything out. Fair enough.

The paper doesnt claim they dont kill any at all, but keep on ignoring everything you want.

When the f**k did i ever disagree on a badger cull or running deer?

Wouldnt have a bull breed but i dont really have a use for one.

F*ck me open season on bullshit.

I dont disagree with shooting birds of prey, read my post above. :wallbash:

Im sure if i digged deep enough i would find the topics you said these things in :whistling:

My heart bleeds for those poor shoots, dont take the piss.

You lay that many birds down and you will lose a lot to raptors, next you will ask the hundreds of drivers who smash into stray birds on my local roads to pay for them!

Shoots may be a little different your way mate but here they are playthings for the extremely rich so common sense may not be involved.

Have a read:

Some stats from a study.

I can see straight away that we will never see eye to eye so there is no point dragging out a debate with you on this subject. You obviously see the shooting world as jumped up snotty nosed millionaires in there range rovers shooting whatever like when its far from the truth.

A multi million pound industry which gives jobs to thousands and we cant shoot a few hook beaks because of anti's like you.

Hopefully one day you get the chance of a job where you are effected in the pocket buy the ever increasing numbers of the buzzard and lets see how you deal with it?

On a cold day out predator calling I laid down in the mid-day sun and had a nap. I was awakened by the sound of flapping wing's - there was several buzzards circling very low so I remained motionless and and allowed two of them to land as they hopped closer to take a peck at me I grabbed one by the legs and it pecked at my gloved hand and ripped a hole in my jacket arm. I let go and it flew off they are tough basterds..... I remember how strong the lift was when it was flapping to escape - powerful birds.

:cry:

Yeah OK mate lol :whistling:

Surely you would of pulled out your Rocket launcher and blew it out of the sky if that really did happen.

Well said Lab. Its easy for people to form opinions on something that has no efffect of what they do, their income or their way of life.

Be a totaly different matter if he was trying to produce grouse or rear lambs in an area where they are releasing eagles - with no compensation.

On a cold day out predator calling I laid down in the mid-day sun and had a nap. I was awakened by the sound of flapping wing's - there was several buzzards circling very low so I remained motionless and and allowed two of them to land as they hopped closer to take a peck at me I grabbed one by the legs and it pecked at my gloved hand and ripped a hole in my jacket arm. I let go and it flew off they are tough basterds..... I remember how strong the lift was when it was flapping to escape - powerful birds.

Surely you would of pulled out your Rocket launcher and blew it out of the sky if that really did happen.

LOL :clapper:

THL really does have some of the uks feildsport fannatics doesnt it. :whistling:

Nah he napalmed it :gunsmilie:

Read my f*cking lips, I am not against you shooting birds of prey.

Got it yet?

What I am against is people on here who have nothing at all to do with shoots who will shoot them for a laugh or because they snatch puppy’s, not protecting their birds.

What this report shows is that they kill more than foxes, and also habitat where birds are released also has a lot to do with young bird’s survival rates.

I see the shooting world as a mixture of people, not against it at all; true I think there are quite a few shooters who are complete twats, not many of which would frequent this board. As for being an expert, far, far from it, just trying to put my thoughts across. Obviously this makes me an anti. Feck me.